Home

Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 10 the best football game ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?
Yes 47 14.73%
No 272 85.27%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?

ESPN NFL 2K5 was quite literally the entire package. EA did the best thing they could have and bought out the competition. I wish the best thing they could have done was demolish NFL 2K10 this year but oh well....19yrs
Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

17. NFL 2k5 was the best because of how great it was at its time. Although I think Madden 10 is a better game than NFL 2k5, 2k5 was more ahead of its time than Madden 10, so I say NFL 2k5 was the best.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #51
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

This is my post from the other thread, which is almost identical to this thread, so it's relevant here:

No next-gen Madden has any business being on any list when talking about the best football games. APF 2K8 needs to be on any list of best football games ever.

My two best football games are 2k5 and 2k8, with the caveat that you're using edited rosters for 2k5.

After those two games there's a pretty big dropoff. Those 2 games simply destroy anything else ever made, they stand head and shoulders over anything else, to compare them to other games is simply laughable. Not to say the others can't be great fun, because they can, but their combination of sim and fun are off the charts for the hardcore FOOTBALL fan.

I will go even further with 2k5 to say not only is it the best football game ever, it's the best VIDEOGAME ever. Of course my love for football makes me biased, but you know what they say about opinions. I've played the game to death and still love playing it, it's the closest thing to an organic game ever made.

For those who only play Madden or dismiss it as just having "great presentation". Go into practice mode and call the most basic play, example being I form, HB-Iso. A simple running play up the middle, you can run that play for a half an hour and there's always a new wrinkle. This organic type gameplay is something Madden has never been able to do, nor has anyone else.

I feel in total control of the game when playing 2k5, my decisions and PLAYCALLING have a huge impact on what happens, as it should be. I primarily play against the CPU, who doesn't glitch or cheese me and gives me incredibly fair, hard fought, realistic games. The sliders work well enough to give me an incredible football experience, next-gen Madden makes me feel like I'm playing a video game, not a football sim.

There is too much random bizarreness in Madden, I don't have the immersion factor that 2K football gives me, I WISH Madden could do that, but it's still nowhere close. For all of the faults on ps2/xbox1 Maddens I can still ignore it's flaws and immerse myself into the game. Next Gen Maddens faults stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the experience. Far too many plays outcomes are predictable and repetitive. Far too many times I don't feel I have CONTROL over the game. Only by playing multiple hours and hundreds of games can you appreciate what 2K football brings to the table.

If the only discs you've been spinning for your football fix for the past 5 years are next gen Madden/NCAA 06-10, you've been playing a THIRD TIER football game.

2k5, 2k8 = First tier
Madden past gen/2k4/others = Second tier
Madden/NCAA 360/PS3 = Third tier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #52
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

You know what 2k5 and Madden 05 have over Madden 10?

Quincy CARTER...thats all I gotta say!
He was my dude in Madden 05 lol. Led my Bucs to a 4-peat!
(I probably won like 10 superbowls total with Quincy hahahaha)

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

tecmo super bowl was the best ever for me.

madden '05 was close. i loved the hell out of that game.

i'm 30 almost 31.

i had my very first franchise on that game having to stop, because one CPU team had too many cap penalties and couldn't sign anymore players. LMAO. the CPU never got rid of the cap penalties. I was on like year 28 on that. took my created QB/WR/DE/DT in NCAA '05 from freshman year to all american and heisman status to HOF careers and being the best ever at their position.

i'm such a dork.

LMAO.

Last edited by swivel63; 10-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #54
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

22, HELL NO!!!! That honor goes 2 NFL 2k5 and Madden 05 for ps2
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 10-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #55
MVP

cam21224's Arena

Age - 19

NFL 2K5 - Loved that game, loved the presentation & controls even more. (Best Football game ever made IMO)

Madden 2005 - Best Madden ever made, has everything Madden 10 does and more, with the exception of online franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #56
MVP

cable guy's Arena

I am 38 and voted yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »