Home

Should there be a "Force Trade" button? (Offline Franchise)

This is a discussion on Should there be a "Force Trade" button? (Offline Franchise) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Should there be a "Force Trade" button? (Offline Franchise)

The only reason I even bring this up is that the CPU generally refuses to trade unless they are getting a significantly better deal than you are. With some exceptions (like Jamal Williams to the Seahawks for Tatupu, Trufant and Curry), if you want to trade players at the same position with identical OVRs, you have to throw in a 1st-2nd round pick to get the trade to go through.

An example, there was one fantasy draft franchise I did where I created a couple players based on my friends and myself and I wanted to draft them to a team. I simmed the fantasy draft beforehand to figure out when people were taken, but when I did the actual draft, one of my guys was taken a round ahead of when he was when I simmed it. No big deal, I just drafted someone else at the same position to trade for him.

Once I got to the Franchise hub, I went to trade players and tried to trade my guy (77 OVR CB, 23 years old, good stats but low awareness, A potential) for the created player (77 OVR CB, 22 years old, decent stats, better awareness, A potential), but the CPU wouldn't accept the trade unless I either threw in my first round pick (best I could get back was a 3rd rounder) or threw in a 91 OVR LG (since their LG was a 77 OVR).

I think that if there is a situation like this where you want to make a fair player-for-player trade in your offline franchise, there needs to be a way to override the CPU and force the trade. Besides, like Ian said during development: "It's [our] game, [we] should be able to do whatever [we] want". If I want to trade Shaun Hill for Tom Brady/Drew Brees/Peyton Manning in my offline franchise, I should be able to.

On a side note, it's kind of sad that we didn't get the ability to edit player ratings in Franchise mode like they said we would.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 10-04-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Should there be a "Force Trade" button? (Offline Franchise)

No.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
No.

End Thread
Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

When have you ever seen a trade for the same position?

Heck, player-for-player trades without draft picks thrown in are pretty rare nowadays as it is.

I guess there's nothing wrong with having it as an option, though. It's just as cheesy as turning off the salary cap or injuries.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Disregarding that example, I like the idea of a force-trade option that you could tick on or off when setting up a franchise. I have had the CPU ask for ridiculous things sometimes, and almost always when I try to use the trading block and give the CPU what it wants or even more they decline the trade. The game is meant for the players to have fun, I think we should welcome options such as this for offline franchises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

I guarantee this WILL be in Madden 11, obviously as another peice of DLC.

Seriously, it fit's perfectly with the current unrealistic DLC options available in Madden 10.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
Disregarding that example, I like the idea of a force-trade option that you could tick on or off when setting up a franchise. I have had the CPU ask for ridiculous things sometimes, and almost always when I try to use the trading block and give the CPU what it wants or even more they decline the trade. The game is meant for the players to have fun, I think we should welcome options such as this for offline franchises.
Maybe not something that you can tick on or off for the whole time you're in a franchise, but I would really like it on a trade by trade basis.

I can understand why people would want to not use it (not realistic or whatever), but why would you be against having the option for others to use it? Just because it's in the game doesn't mean you have to use it, and keeping it to strickly offline franchise (not that much trading goes on in Online Franchise from what I can tell) would stop someone else's use of it from affecting you.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

If this game is fully customisable then it should in the game.Seriosly how does this affect the game if you don't want it.just have it as an option to turn on or off at the start of a franchise.This doesn't really affect me because i play controlling the 32 teams because i adjust the coach philosophy sliders to stop the heavy blitzing by the cpu.I just put the other 31 teams to cpu and they just take care of themselves but i can control everything in the franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »