Home

What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum?

This is a discussion on What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: What is the OS response to Ian saying he is "done" with this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenskye
I don't know why devs get so much slack. All they do is come on here and hype their product to make sales. When the game comes out and there is critisism and questions they are completely silent (not just EA, they all do it). ian was obviously lurking here but not answering anything. I know OS is proud that devs visit here but it's because this is the best sports gaming site and was before devs came here. I just hope OS doesn't sell out like many sites have done to satisfy these companies.
this.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

The unfortunate reality, as with any internet message board, is you have to be ready for the negativity and the "keyboard gansta" as there are too many of them out there. Go to any site, ANY ONE whether its for sports gaming or movies or what not and you are always gonna find the immature minority upsetting those as well as ruining extremely constructive threads with 10 year olds nonsense. I think the "advertising" of developers coming to this site bought with it too many of those minority as I for the time Ive been here (2003) I have never seen so many "Number of Posts - 10 for example" members posting absolute crap in these forums as Ive seen particularly in this particular forum ever.

That being said Ian and Co. packing up their ball and going home can be to some point be just not wanting to deal with the negativity but the good points that seemed to be ignored (ie. Ratings and the Easter Bunny) that had alot of constructive criticism and valid points that screamed for some sort of feedback from EA in my opinion made me think that they discovered that this game had too many issues that they had originally foreseen and they do not want to deal with that feedback which is poor on their part. Yes there was some garbage but on a whole not as much as I saw in some other threads that they have responded too.

They could do something similar to the Shows developers did and perhaps grab 10 representatives from these forums (both the positive and the neagatibve) and do a chat or something and have the community feed these 10 reps what they want answered and they will present their gripes/questions/issues. This way there is more control and they can give an up front answer to the "OS community" to various issues and here the legitamite gripes.

Hope that made sense

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Give me a break. Anyone in the software business knows how this can be. All he needs to do is ignore the negative attacks if that is what is bothering him. This is an unprofessional move. Also, there is a simple way to cut down on the negatives. Make your product better. Don't crap in a box and put Madden on it because you know it will sell. You will never please everyone no matter what you do, but at the same time, have the balls to ignore the negative attacks and just focus on making it better. People who make personal attacks on the guy should be ignored. It's not a personal thing. It's all business.

Having the exclusive license is going to get you this kind of flack. You took away the options and opened the door for you to be lazy and lackluster with your flagship game. Which, I should mention, is still light years behind other sports games and other older football games (Madden and 2k alike). EA and Tiburon asked for this type of scrutiny when they decided to go the easy route once aquiring the NFL exclusive. Whether you think the game is good or not, it is certainly not good enough and it isn't worth the price tag. It's nearly 2010 and we still have the same crappy football that we did 5 years ago??? Then you get pissed when people bitch?

It was the same thing when they complained about the guy who wrote the negative review of the game and he had them change the score. Give me a break... I work in software too, and we have lots of customers that complain and slam us. You don't take it personally, instead you realize that these people help pay your salary and they give a rats a$$ about the quality. That's why they complain. Make it better, plain and simple. A lot better. Don't show blogs and videos all year then release something that is riddled with bugs and the same problems we had years before.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

This is a sad and pitiful move, and they have only themselves to blame. If you are Ian and are accepting all the praise and acclaim he was given pre-release, you are exptected to be a man and take criticism if it is warranted.

I love how he cites lack of evidence as reason for leaving, yet he never posts such a question in threads like "Ratings and the Easter Bunny" nor claims to have tried the same experiment as those posters in that thread.

I haven't really posted post-release because I did not enjoy the game. I occasionally voiced my opinions of the games but did so respectfully with constructive criticism in mind. I never felt the need to attack Devs because they are guys I have never met, and my gripes are with their game and not the person. But now I have to say that these devs took the childish and immature route out of this one because they couldn't face the music. Unless of course that music was for the parade thrown by those who actually can tolerate this game.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
This is a sad and pitiful move, and they have only themselves to blame. If you are Ian and are accepting all the praise and acclaim he was given pre-release, you are exptected to be a man and take criticism if it is warranted.

I love how he cites lack of evidence as reason for leaving, yet he never posts such a question in threads like "Ratings and the Easter Bunny" nor claims to have tried the same experiment as those posters in that thread.

I haven't really posted post-release because I did not enjoy the game. I occasionally voiced my opinions of the games but did so respectfully with constructive criticism in mind. I never felt the need to attack Devs because they are guys I have never met, and my gripes are with their game and not the person. But now I have to say that these devs took the childish and immature route out of this one because they couldn't face the music. Unless of course that music was for the parade thrown by those who actually can tolerate this game.
Yeah that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 55

I don't think they are done. EA forums are a circus!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 10-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
wow this may be the saddest case i have ever seen on OS.. you guys actaully ran the Devs away.

and the fact that Ian is one of coolest devs out there makes it even more disappointing.

He is a grown man shame on him, I feel in-different as far as him moving goes.As far as people BASHING the game and people RED CARDING people who bash the game,I think a lot of you have short term memory's because we go through this every year with madden and who ever the Dev's are at the time and to be honest if there wasn't a diverse group of people complaining and defending there wouldn't be much need for this site.......
Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

He'll be back around April or so.
Count on it.

Given the number of bugs OS has found with the game and the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the game ... it isn't surprising that he left.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »