Home

Best Drafts?

This is a discussion on Best Drafts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Best Drafts?

I prefer ncaa classes just because there is way too much talent in the madden classes and I already know for the most part who will be good in most of them.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Using NCAA classes though can be really fun in the first few years. In my first draft, Tim Tebow got hurt and missed most of the season, and was considered to be a late draft pick up. Three years later on my franchise, he's putting up a respectable 69% passing completions with 22 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He's not too bad for the Redskins, and is forming a nice draft rivalry with Sam Bradford (Oakland) and surprise Dan LeFevour (San Francisco).

So, it's fun to play with real players coming up, but I'm thinking of going to Madden generated classes next season.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

I use college draft classes, and i'm loving it. It's fun seeing which team everyone goes to, and it makes the draft more fun to me. Taylor Mays came out 86 rated, Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford are fighting for who was the better draft pick, since Tebow slipped to round 2... hell, its like playing Madden 11, 12, 13 all in one game lol

I drafted Terrell Pryor young QB from Ohio State. He's got 86 speed and he's 6'6'' and has 76 trucking, and I find it fun to work on his 63 accuracy, so far I got it to 66... one day that kid just might be someone, but for now he's a 3rd string qb lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i have been using NCAA, havent gotten to the 2nd class but Taylor Mays came in as a 91...beast.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

I use NCAA draft classes for the first four years and then i switch to madden generated classes. The reason I do this is because at that point all your NCAA players were auto-generated recruits anyway. It's been working out well for me.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
i have been using NCAA, havent gotten to the 2nd class but Taylor Mays came in as a 91...beast.
I have to admit I was looking forward to trying to draft Taylor Mays. I almost exclusively control the SS on defense and I'm guessing Mays would be a fun one to play with! I've been playing some games as the Steelers lately and man is it fun to control Palamalu ... he's an animal!

I really only know NCAA players from the next two years so if I do decide to re-save some draft classes, I'm thinking I'll just do two years, then switch to Madden classes ...
Old 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

For the first time since we could import I have used the Madden classes this year.
They are GREAT!

Much more balance, more busts and gems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
For the first time since we could import I have used the Madden classes this year.
They are GREAT!

Much more balance, more busts and gems.
Having busts and gems are what really intrigue me ... which has never been possible with ncaa classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »