Home

Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

This is a discussion on Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

The o-line/ d-line interaction is much more tolerable on ps2 madden. They actually block for you. In terms of gameplay, yea ps2 does still get the nod, but barely. It's sad considering it's pretty much the same game since 2005.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I say that last gen was better simply because of a few things that it had that Madden '10 doesn't:

*Ability to press/loose cover an individual receiver

*Ability to shade an individual receiver inside/outside in an effort to protect against the slants or force them into help coverage.

*Pre-season progression

*Progression after every 4 weeks during the season

Outside of that, I'll take what Madden '10 has to offer. '10 feels plays a lot like the last gen games in my opinion.
I really miss all those options!
especially the individual bump and loose coverage on recievers.

i also miss the man align that actually worked.

and the ability to disguise you zone and man coverage with man lock.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

the deep passing game was more realistic too,if you dont wanna get beat deep then keep two safties deep,on next gen the comp can play man with one saftey deep and cover deep passes on both sidelines,which is why you need the cone to move the safety.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think you guys are making last gen more than what it was. If anything it had a much worse blocking model and tackling physics than 2010. At least now they are actually working on interactions. Pursuit angles were better, but there was no attempt to distinguish players on a 1-99 ratings scale either, so instead everyone pursues the same. They can fix the rating and have some distinctions in the current game.

As for the individual bump and run they can bring all that stuff back, but they cannot bring formation shifts back until the figure out a way for it to be actual football. And you gotta be kidding that last gen games ratings mattered. All that mattered on last gen is a lot of what matters now, SPEED. But on last gen this was pretty damn clear. Now speed is still the big factor, but there are a couple of other ratings that DO actually matter somewhat.
I know they can bring back individual bump, but after 5 versions, they still haven't and the bump they do have in the game sometimes happens for 15-20 yards down field.

Speed is/was/always will be a huge factor, it is in real football. But take a defensive players awareness down to a 5 in last gen madden, they dont react to anything till waaaay after the play, if their fast on madden 10, your still good to go imo.

I still think the blocking was better, just my opinion. I don't like how madden 10 shows bad blocking by letting defenders come in unabated while they spin in a circle and seeing punters,kickers perform well on the oline totally kills that part of the game to me.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #21
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I say that last gen was better simply because of a few things that it had that Madden '10 doesn't:

*Ability to press/loose cover an individual receiver

*Ability to shade an individual receiver inside/outside in an effort to protect against the slants or force them into help coverage.

*Pre-season progression

*Progression after every 4 weeks during the season.

Outside of that, I'll take what Madden '10 has to offer. '10 feels plays a lot like the last gen games in my opinion.

I totally forgot about that. Another great feature that went a long way in helping a defense combat money plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 34

Artificial Intelligence.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I know they can bring back individual bump, but after 5 versions, they still haven't and the bump they do have in the game sometimes happens for 15-20 yards down field.

Speed is/was/always will be a huge factor, it is in real football. But take a defensive players awareness down to a 5 in last gen madden, they dont react to anything till waaaay after the play, if their fast on madden 10, your still good to go imo.

I still think the blocking was better, just my opinion. I don't like how madden 10 shows bad blocking by letting defenders come in unabated while they spin in a circle and seeing punters,kickers perform well on the oline totally kills that part of the game to me.
How was the blocking better? The biggest complaint against blocking last gen was it was suction patty cake chest rubbing and that's it. No interaction at all. Just attach and dance. They also missed blocks just like they do now. But at least now they are working on interactions. They do have double team blocks. They may have been more consistent in their actual picking up blocks, but the blocking model itself was terrible. We have begged them to moved beyond it and they are trying. The tackling physics are well beyond those games. The thing is back then if you didn't play that other game you didn't know what you missed.

Also about the individual shading, as I remembered it, the pre -snap never showed that the CB would be playing inside or out and the post snap he really didn't commit as hard as he should to what you wanted him to do. I remember Madden 05 and it was the year of the QUICK PASS on DB's. Hike and throw immediately. Complete every damn time. But it was hard to get deep with even Randy Moss against Joe Blow DB, unless you could manipulate the man coverage throw formation shifts.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

lol LBzrule, it's amazing to me how you are replying to some of these comments since what you are saying is basically the exact same thing that I would reply with.

Anyways, after reading the replies it seems that most that like the last gen maddens better do due to features that they liked that are now gone or not as good in terms of the things you once had control over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »