Home

Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

This is a discussion on Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

Franchise mode was somewhat better. Preseason and Training camp were interesting at least. I liked playing a rookie and seeing if I couldn't progress him enough to start that year. Now it's completely meaningless, and I'd rather some (even if unrealistic perhaps) meaning than none.

I liked the sliders set up better (CPU and Human Special Teams sliders? Imagine that. Sliders seem to allow for more specialized tweaking)

Gameplay-wise - well...I have to agree that it isn't all that different, which, of course, is bad on Madden 10 because it's supposed to be 4,5,6 years advanced.

Trying to get realistic stats was just as hard. Perhaps for different reasons, but still took a lot of tweaking. I hated how game speed was tied to difficulty level (why?).

I think the running game was better - didn't seem to have as much of the "jump off the block" tackling.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 50
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

I definitely enjoy the last gen maddens better. Glitches and exploits kill me whenever I want to play online. It sometimes gets too annoying to handle.

"What??? Did Chris Johnson just break a tackle with 7 people? Wait, didn't he just juke that guy 10 yards ago? OMG he just hurdled my best Safety!!!!"

There goes my controller towards the TV screen.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #59
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
personally I have yet to see where Pro-Tak is much of an improvement over last years "gang tackling" - I still have guys standing around watching the ball carrier break away, I still can not manually hit stick the pile or even pile on so where are you seeing this improvement? Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't see why anybody is happy with Pro_tak!
The biggest change that pro tak adds to the game is the feeling of momentum you get when someone is trying to tackle you or when you are getting tackled. In older Maddens, when you got tackled you didn't really feel any momentum... with pro-tak added though, I can definitely feel it and it makes for a more realistic game in my opinion. It does have problems that need to be fixed but it is definitely an improvement.

Quote:
This gen is not more realistic because of how slow, non-responsive, and jerky it is - I have been to games and you are talking about amazing athletes - watch a youtube of your favorite RB and then trun on M10 and try to recreate any of the moves from youtube - it can't be done because the moves take too long, they really neutered change of speed/direction, no true cut moves, the jukes take way too long, spin move just doesn't even look right - I am not saying these things were great in last gen but at least the flow of the game was smooth and you were somewhat in control of your player.
I will say that a lot of the animations (in particular running) aren't as responsive as they use to be but the overall feel of madden 10 is a lot like the older last gen maddens. And while I see what you are saying, you are making it sound as if it's Madden 07. If we were talking about Madden 07, then I can definitely agree with you there since that game was really unresponsive but I don't find 10 to be unresponsive at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I liked franchise mode better in old gen Maddens. The one with McNabb on the cover, I think it was 06, I loved franchise mode for that game. That was the best year of franchise gaming I've ever had.
That is the only thing that I can understand if one said that. Franchise mode on the last gen versions did have more things to do & look at.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 13

I am not saying that M10 is like 07, but play a game of M09 for PS2 and then come back to M10 and the difference in the control you have is enormous and the flow of the game is like trying to run through quick sand with cinder blocks in your shoes on this gen compared to M09 on PS2!

Look this game (M10 PS3/360) is definitely a step in the right direction, but the combo of less control/reponsiveness + poor franchise mode (albeit better than previous offerings on this gen) + a complete failure to realize the potential of customization and multiple options (controls/settings/profiles etc) makes last gen (M09) a more enjoyable overall experience - especially because many of the issues last gen had are still with us here in this gen!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 8

Why is everyone talking about M09 for PS2? Is M10 for PS2 horrible or something? I'm thinking of buying it.... I prefer last gen btw. I feel the animations and the overall feel of it is superior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #62
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Why is everyone talking about M09 for PS2? Is M10 for PS2 horrible or something?
Yes...yes it is, to me atleast.

The screen "pulsates" in an attempt to create a rawkus environment, there are unnecessary meters floating around, and the break-tackle ratings for WR's and HB's seem to have been reversed on the rosters that shipped with the game (plus Hammond and Collinsworth replaced Madden and Michaels this year).

I also didn't think there were any significant gameplay or franchise updates that seperate Madden'10 from Madden'09 (just presenation updates), so I stuck with Madden'09 to avoid all of the things that I listed above.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #63
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Icon11 Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

I played Madden 05 today for the first time in years. This game is still the best, better than Madden 11 on this gen consoles....We'll see about 12. I forgot about all those stat overlays, there so cool. Crowd is better, smoother running animations and it just feels more real in the pocket.

And most importantly, Madden last gen is more fun.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still playing Madden 08 on the PC.

Franchise mode is awesome, especially with third-party editors.

The only problem with this mode is the salary cap is completely irrelevant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »