Home

Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

This is a discussion on Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #65
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I played Madden 05 today for the first time in years. This game is still the best, better than Madden 11 on this gen consoles....We'll see about 12. I forgot about all those stat overlays, there so cool. Crowd is better, smoother running animations and it just feels more real in the pocket.

And most importantly, Madden last gen is more fun.
I've been playing 03 and 05 lately and think they are both better than 11.What really impressed me about 03 is the tackling which appears to have consecutive and double hit tackles(at least that's what they look like to me) and from what I've seen doesn't suffer from the tumbleweed animation that's present in the newer Maddens.

The running also feels better to me,it doesnt have that weird skating/gliding animation and just feels like it controls smoother with the weight of the player being better represented. Below are a few vids I recorded of the tackling in 03 Gamecube.

Love the tackle that sends Faulks helmet flying off

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
I've been playing 03 and 05 lately and think they are both better than 11.What really impressed me about 03 is the tackling which appears to have consecutive and double hit tackles(at least that's what they look like to me) and from what I've seen doesn't suffer from the tumbleweed animation that's present in the newer Maddens.

The running also feels better to me,it doesnt have that weird skating/gliding animation and just feels like it controls smoother with the weight of the player being better represented. Below are a few vids I recorded of the tackling in 03 Gamecube.

Love the tackle that sends Faulks helmet flying off

Exactly. The weight of the players was represented 10x better last generation. The players in currrent gen have absolutely NO weight at all. Which explains why LBs can jump so high, why CBs can slide around the field, and why the players running animations are "feathery" light.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #67
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Exactly. The weight of the players was represented 10x better last generation. The players in currrent gen have absolutely NO weight at all. Which explains why LBs can jump so high, why CBs can slide around the field, and why the players running animations are "feathery" light.
That's probably the biggest reason why I prefer 03/05 to the newer Maddens,the weight of the players is better represented/respected and just feels better than the funky animations and weightlessness of the current gen but hopefully 12 changes all of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »