Home

How hard can it be!?!

This is a discussion on How hard can it be!?! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How hard can it be!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Well, if you throw into coverage all the time then of course you're going to get intercepted. It's BS that you say you're never going to get any better. I used to suck at Madden too, but if you just practice playing the game the way it should be played (i.e. reading the coverage and finding the open man, not just chucking it into double/triple coverage and hoping it's incomplete) then you can get better.

I think the sliders work fine. I've got INTs set at 0 for the CPU and they drop a large majority of balls that hit them right in the hands. They still make the occasional pick, but it's usually on a throw that I shouldn't have made because I didn't see the safety help over the top.

I don't think that you should complain about there being too may INTs when you admit that you throw the ball into coverage all the time.

I understand, and yes I will eventually get better. All Im asking for those is that the sliders worked better than that do. I want to see a drastic change at zero compared to 50. Pass blocking is the same way. I set it zero for both the cpu and human. Therefore I should see DE and DT pancaking the OL every single play. I get that it affects the player ratings. So, since that is the case, why not at ZERO, make the Pass blocking for every OL go to zero, and catch rating for DBs go to zero? Maybe not that drastic, but something very similar to that. That's all I'm asking.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

As a sim player myself, I would love for it to be true that zero would equal zero interceptions, and vice versa. That way, you could fix the sliders to make them to your preference when it comes to simulating a game

Old 10-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
As a sim player myself, I would love for it to be true that zero would equal zero interceptions, and vice versa. That way, you could fix the sliders to make them to your preference when it comes to simulating a game
Even for simulating that doesn't really work. Playing as the Colts, gotta turn the INT slider down... playing as the Raiders...gotta turn it up higher...

No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Simulating games is not the problem, its the games played that it should be like that. Would make it so much easier as you said, as a sim player to adjust.

Last edited by IrishSalsa; 10-06-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Pass blocking is the same way. I set it zero for both the cpu and human. Therefore I should see DE and DT pancaking the OL every single play.
That's not how the sliders work though, at least from what I've seen. The blocking sliders don't affect how well players block, they affect the distance at which they can start blocking animations. If you have Pass Blocking at 0 then they have to be closer and in a better position to engage in a block, but if you turned it up to 100 then you would see a lot more suction blocking.

Just curious, what is your CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time set to? If it's not at 0 then lowering it might help your situation. If it is at 0 then you may just be out of luck, unless you want to increase QB accuracy/WR catching.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

I set rewind to unlimited. When I make a mistake like throwing into triple coverage instead of the open WR, I'll do a "mulligan".

Sometimes, it still ends up being intercepted. I can't win em all, and that's fine by me. It also helps me become better by doing the rewind feature.Enables me to make my reads more carefully.....
Old 10-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I set rewind to unlimited. When I make a mistake like throwing into triple coverage instead of the open WR, I'll do a "mulligan".

Sometimes, it still ends up being intercepted. I can't win em all, and that's fine by me. It also helps me become better by doing the rewind feature.Enables me to make my reads more carefully.....

I like that idea... I'll do that! But I don't want it to be a true mulligan. I'll make sure on the second attempt to take a sack or something instead, to make it like an incomplete pass. Or roll outside and throw the ball away. Great idea!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »