Home

Converting the Cowboys to a 4-3

This is a discussion on Converting the Cowboys to a 4-3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Converting the Cowboys to a 4-3

Ratings don't matter for the D-line or O-line. It's all just animations, the players ratings have no real effect.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I use Baltimore's playbook. It's a 4-3 playbook but it has the 46 defense in place of the regular 4-3. It's pretty much the same except it brings the SS down to play kind of as a 4th LB. Other than that I hear that the Jets have a good 4-3 playbook, but a lot of people talk about how it has the 46 and the 1-5-5 prowl defense (1 DT and 5 LBs).
I was pretty sure that the Ravens and the Jets both ran the 3-4...?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Ratings don't matter for the D-line or O-line. It's all just animations, the players ratings have no real effect.
While ratings don't matter as much as they should, I feel that they do have some impact. I've had games with Shawne Merrimen at DE against elite LTs and he gets held in check all game and gets little to no pressure on the QB, but against mediocre LTs he can rack up 2, 3, even 5 sacks.

There are definite differences between elite level players on the OL/DL and mediocre ones. The difference isn't as big as it should be, but it's there.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's my sliders, maybe I have the one less buggy copy of Madden 10 out there, but I don't see a lot of the problems that people complain about all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I was pretty sure that the Ravens and the Jets both ran the 3-4...?
They do. The playbooks also have the 3-4 defenses (straight 3-4, 3-3-5 nickel, 3-2-6 dime), but they have the 46 and other 4-3 based defenses as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Just move Ware to a DE. I don't see how that would be unfair. He's already a 98..he's only to go up 1 point. haha. And he played DE in College. Also, just like someone else said, if this happened in real life Ware would most likely be switched to a DE anyways.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I use Baltimore's playbook. It's a 4-3 playbook but it has the 46 defense in place of the regular 4-3. It's pretty much the same except it brings the SS down to play kind of as a 4th LB. Other than that I hear that the Jets have a good 4-3 playbook, but a lot of people talk about how it has the 46 and the 1-5-5 prowl defense (1 DT and 5 LBs).
Quote:
They do. The playbooks also have the 3-4 defenses (straight 3-4, 3-3-5 nickel, 3-2-6 dime), but they have the 46 and other 4-3 based defenses as well.
Both the Jets and the Ravens playbooks are 3-4 playbooks. They only formation in thier playbooks is the 4-6. They don't have any 4-3 formations at all. The added formations in thier playbook that the other 3-4 teams don't have are the 4-6 and a nickle formation called odd split. That formation has three linemen, three linebackers, three safeties, and two corners. They also have the new 3-4 predator formation.

I use the Cowboys with the Jets defensive playbook and have no problems getting pressure at all. I love the odd split formation and it allows Ware to get tons of pressure. Plus it has the 1-5-5 in it and that formation gives the offense tons of problems. The Jets playbook is by far my favorite playbook and is a must for anyteam I use that runs a 3-4.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Baltimore's D playbook is 3-4, definitely. There is no 4-3 at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I strongly disagree, this is innaccurate. Play with the Pats and tell me that Ty Warren is the same as Ron Brace... nope.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »