Home

Playing D on the D-Side

This is a discussion on Playing D on the D-Side within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
Playing D on the D-Side

I see no one talking about this.

As in every other year of Madden since I started playing (04), I would like to have the Camera on the defensive side of the ball when I'm on defense.

Is that not possible this year? Am I the only one who cares?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Playing D on the D-Side

I think we've all been conditioned to look at the game from the offensive side so I don't know. I'd be interested to take a try at it so long as they got the camera right because I remember playing Campus Legend in NCAA last year as a Middle Linebacker and the camera positioning left a lot to be desired in that I could never see what was happening when a receiver ran behind me or deep into the the secondary. They just completely left the screen.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You're not the only one man. I would love to have the camera on the other side. After playing online co-op I realized how much more challenging and fun it is.

It makes no sense to have it where it is now, I mean what if we played offense from the other side, that wouldn't make sense!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Correct me if I'm wrong..... until this year in Madden, you were automatically on the defensive side of the ball when you played defense.

I don't understand.... I'm really baffled.... as to why there are not more comments on this.

Maybe I can get use to it, but as of now it's bordering on killing the game for me. I'm just not liking it at all.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Uh, what? The camera has never changed to the defensive side of the ball... get used to what?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Trust me it's NOT GOOD.The PSP version did this last year and it really blowed!

You couldn't see what was going on behind you.You pretty much had to play safety the whole game.Not cool
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

kinda like in the nfl ^^^^
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

You can do it with NCAA football this year and it makes it a lot more fun.

However, must warn that this one of the only things they got right this year though (players move too slow, doesn't have the option right, no design a play OR custom playbooks, TEAMBUILDER is limited in edits, poor pregame presentation--unlike earlier generation).

You have to love actual college (the bands, the insane alumni, the innovations, etc) over the clinical/clownish (professional wrestling wanna bes?) NFL game but the developers of EAs NCAA game rally dropped the ball this year.

Madden, and am not alone here, despite missing out on this cool defensive playside aspect, is definitely way better this year with all the other improvements they've made.

Last edited by exeter; 10-06-2009 at 09:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »