Home

Is it possible for Madden 11 to...

This is a discussion on Is it possible for Madden 11 to... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is it possible for Madden 11 to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I would just like 3 sets of announcers. One for regular games, one for Sunday night games and one for Monday night games.
That is not a bad idea too.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
They could use their EA logo in the main menu or on certain situations have the commentator say lines like this game is brought to you by EA sports or have a post game play of the game presented by EA Sports.

I think it's obvious the EA logo isn't a concern since everyone knows when poppin in the game that it is an EA product.
You missed the point. They would rather have EA logos everywhere than nfl logos. Thats not going to change anytime soon. Its very possible for them to do. But they wont. And yes the ea logo is a concern to them otherwise they wouldnt put it in 12 places on various screens. Ill look for the thread that focused on it.

Edit: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363704 and im sorry its only 10 places.

Last edited by sb24; 10-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Not impossible...

Look at NCAA Basketball 10 thats coming out in a month. They have whole NCAA on CBS deal there...even went and got Gus Johnson and Bill Raferty...yeah I'm buying...just to hear them...Gus >>>>
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

The way I understand it, the issue seems to be with the NFL Network being a greedy bastard. Now I'm not saying NCAA Football really has anything going for it as far as presentation either, but at least they have ESPN coming into play. The common theory is that EA only picked up ESPN way to keep 2k from getting it, but now I'm starting to think the NFL is intentionally keeping EA's hands tied as far as actually using it.

Because really, why wouldn't they want CBS, FOX, and special MNF on ESPN presentation? Extra commentators is probably a big stretch considering how bad the current commentary is, but the stat overlays and whatnot would be a great addition that wouldn't require much effort at all. Something is holding them back. But that's just my theory.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
You missed the point. They would rather have EA logos everywhere than nfl logos. Thats not going to change anytime soon. Its very possible for them to do. But they wont. And yes the ea logo is a concern to them otherwise they wouldnt put it in 12 places on various screens. Ill look for the thread that focused on it.

Edit: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363704 and im sorry its only 10 places.

Then they should have a commerical in game where they we have an option whether we want to skip the commercial by just pressing a button on our controllers. Commercial can happen after each team gets a series, 2 minute warnings, the end of each quarters and halftime. There they can use the EA logo to their advantage by promoting their EA products. It's a win-win for both gamers and EA. We can have an option where we can turn commercials on/off. Choose a setting in the main menu where we can select quick commericals or regular. Also we can skip the commerical anytime we want if have the commercial option on.

Why the commercial idea is good? Because it allows us to go get a drink, pick up a snack or go take a leak while it is airing just like in real life. For those who hate it they can turn it off.

Just imagine how the presentation will be like with a NBC or MNF theme playing showing monster plays that just happened during that series prior to the commercial break with the commentators saying "It has been a very entertaining game folks don't go anywhere we will be right back after this commercial break."

I am telling you people will stop complaining about presentation. I know it's far fetched. But I will be happy with just MNF/ESPN or NBC layouts/theme.

Last edited by dopeboy206; 10-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36

FOX has the best presentation, do that. Nothing pumps me up more than that song and the robot.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
FOX has the best presentation, do that. Nothing pumps me up more than that song and the robot.

You think so? I always liked CBS and NBC more for some reason. But I rather have Fox over what they have now with those EA overlays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Let's see them get ONE good pair of announcers before we worry about them having 4 of them.
As long as it's not Joe Buck I'm in!

What do you see in that stupid robot and his gaya$$ dances?

Wouldn't the networks pay to put there names in the game? It could raise cash for EA to spend somewhere else where it is desperately needed!

Last edited by ktipton87; 10-07-2009 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »