Home

Madden 11 Franchise Idea: Coach Specific playooks

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Franchise Idea: Coach Specific playooks within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Good idea
Sounds good 46 92.00%
don't like it 4 8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Madden 11 Franchise Idea: Coach Specific playooks

Ok so I was running my usual Ravens franchise and noticed that my head coach John Harbaugh's contract had expired so I was forced to get me a new Head Coach. So going through the list I noticed that Rex Ryan was available and the first thing that came to my mind is that I can now use their playbook, well I quickly remembered that I can use the Jets playbook regardless of the head coach..... So I thought it would be cool if we could only use the playbook used by head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators (with the choice ot pick between the coordinators and head coach). I think that would bring more of a strategic value in making sure that you hire coaches that fit your schemes and your players. Remember this is for franchise mode only, I know a lot of you like to use random playbooks online.

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Madden 11 Franchise Idea: Coach Specific playooks

So most people agree with me but no comments? Com'on guys I want to continue the discussion may be Ian and the guys think about this for 11.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Ok so I was running my usual Ravens franchise and noticed that my head coach John Harbaugh's contract had expired so I was forced to get me a new Head Coach. So going through the list I noticed that Rex Ryan was available and the first thing that came to my mind is that I can now use their playbook, well I quickly remembered that I can use the Jets playbook regardless of the head coach..... So I thought it would be cool if we could only use the playbook used by head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators (with the choice ot pick between the coordinators and head coach). I think that would bring more of a strategic value in making sure that you hire coaches that fit your schemes and your players. Remember this is for franchise mode only, I know a lot of you like to use random playbooks online.

Makes sense to me. There should be a real identity to hiring coaches in franchise. As it is, their only value is in the ratings boosts. Maybe if this worked, you might like some coach's playbook because it works well for your team even if he sucks as far as ratings boosts.

I was in one online sim baseball league that had you able to change team strategy only by "hiring" a new manager (it was a league house rule, the function wasn't in the game). That rule doesn't exist anymore, but it was awesome and I still hold myself to it.

I would love to see a game implement something like this as an actual feature and football, coaches are even more important, so it would be great for Madden, imo.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Good Idea.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Good idea, only makes sense, but wrong forum XD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
Good idea, only makes sense, but wrong forum XD

Where should i have put it? Sorry....

*Actual time may vary.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Definitely like this idea...anything to make franchise mode more sim is fine by me!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Really good idea. I like it.

I'm expecting big things out of Franchise next year (When don't I?) but looking at it, this year the team spent most of their time doing Presentation, Online Franchise and Gameplay Tweaks. So hopefully next year with Josh Looman having a full year to make changes, they can get Franchise close to (hopefully better than) what Head Coach 09 had which was the best Franchise Mode ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »