Home

The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you away)

This is a discussion on The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you away) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
That's the Madden COMEBACK AI at it's best - making completely improbable things happen.
True, but it's not like stuff like that hasn't happened in real life.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: The most heartbreaking loss I've ever experienced in madden (this will blow you a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
HAHA that sucks dude.
Tell me about it.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
OMG...that's about as bad as it gets.

Were you in prevent on the game-tying TD pass?
Yup. The majority of the Denver receivers ran routes towards the other side of the field though. So only two defenders were able to get to that WR who caught the pass.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 12

That would NEVER happen in the NFL, specially not the Broncos.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #21
QB1
Banned

OVR: 1

Not sure if anyone caught this or if I'm not seeing it right. If you watch the video that was posted, when the Denver QB launches the hail mary and the camera follows the path of the ball in the air, you can see electronic sign that circles the stadium saying, TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS.

However, it's doing this while the ball is in the air and before the receiver even scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Not sure if anyone caught this or if I'm not seeing it right. If you watch the video that was posted, when the Denver QB launches the hail mary and the camera follows the path of the ball in the air, you can see electronic sign that circles the stadium saying, TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS.

However, it's doing this while the ball is in the air and before the receiver even scores.
I think its a replay and therefore it could be the stadium replaying while showing touchdown. My best guess anyway!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #23
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
That would NEVER happen in the NFL, specially not the Broncos.
haha....good ol' brandon stokely

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 21

I dont think anybody is doubting this could or does happen in real life.

However it seems this is always how "comeback AI" wins play out. A totally unrealistic set of chance circumstances all come align so the computer wins.

Both HB's get hurt. The backup goes down and stops the clock for the CPU that set this all into motion. In real life, unless its a serious injury no player would lay down to draw a time out in this situation.

4th and 10 - 17yard completion after 4 incomplete passes. Ultimatly it leads to unrealistic tip for a TD with 10 second left.

Im sorry thats 3 very sparatic things to happen for a team that couldnt score points all game. At the end of the day nothing he did could change the outcome of the game. Its hearing , reading and playing through games like this that make you wonder if the game really is scripted on some level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »