Home

Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

This is a discussion on Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

What is herky jerky?
Old 10-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

I noticed this too. But I do know I noticed once when I sent Fitzgerald (after he had injured his leg) in motion, he was hobbling. So I don't know if this is something that happens after players get hurt earlier in the game or not.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Yeah this has been in since the patch. It's ugly as hell... I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's fatigue in action.

If the player is fatigued and you break off a big run... you'll actually see the player's speed rating dropping mid run which is why you get the jerky motion.. the players speed is literally going from 90, 89, 88, 87, 86. 85... the problem is each rating drop seems to cause a "limp" like animation.

EDIT: That's also why you don't always see it... cos some players aren't fatigued when they break a big run.
This game is just so messed up. I can't believe people put up with crap like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #12
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I get this all the time when I'm playing defense and I switch into a player, usually a DB to catch a player running free. Maybe it has something to do with the Sprint button but I always get a jerky motion from my guy from about 5 seconds and by that time the guy is by me. It almost seems like they auto-strafe when want them to do the opposite.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
they added this in to help fix the broken pursuit angles
This
Old 10-08-2009, 04:27 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
I get this all the time when I'm playing defense and I switch into a player, usually a DB to catch a player running free. Maybe it has something to do with the Sprint button but I always get a jerky motion from my guy from about 5 seconds and by that time the guy is by me. It almost seems like they auto-strafe when want them to do the opposite.

man i havent seen the "herky jerkey" on any of my beautiful big runs on offense but when ever i go to user a guy on defense, he starts running as if i was holding the strip button.... i get beat on alot of plays because of this and it sucks.... it makes me wanna stop playion this game all together
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#[email protected] DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 10-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7
Icon13 Re: Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

I hate the herky jerky crap too. Happens on defense and offense with me. I also get players running backwards or doing jukes for no reason. Never really thought tron movement was bad on other maddens but this Madden10 has it bad. Thers also too much warping and a few animations that trigger big warps. On normal speed its not as bad, but slow its an everyplay thang.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »