Home

I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

This is a discussion on I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

I'm terrible running the ball and I can't seem to get my D-line to get pressure on the QB. The one area I want to improve a lot is running. It seems like I'm always getting hit right at or right behind the LOS. HELP!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

I had the same issue running until I realized I shouldn't lay on the Sprint button right when the ball is snapped. I don't know if that's what you're doing, but laying off the Sprint until you find the hole you want (be patient!) was the key for me.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I suck at this game. Any tips for a good place for tips on how to get better

Not sprinting till you get into the secondary is key, also, if you find it necessary, drop the CPU pass defense's block shedding a bit. They seem to warp off of good blocks once you sprint, which IMO is totally unrealistic.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

True that! The sprint button is your enemy, find the hole first, then sprint. Be ready to make a quick juke, or stiff arm, alot of times I find that there will be one tackle you have to break early in the play, then it's off to the races.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

AskMadden.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Since they have addressed the running game, I will address sacks. Remember not to use the shoulder pads for rush moves, use the right stick. Also, do not under any circumstance mash sprint on the snap when you are on D, it seems to alert the QB. When you get the hang of the right stick and start getting by offensive linemen, than you can dive at the last second for the QB. I use Aaron Curry and so I drop into coverage a lot, but when I do use him to rush I either get a sack or pressure quite a bit. That is after totally blowing chunks when I first got the game because I kept mashing sprint and the shoulder pads. Now, if I find myself mashing sprint, I will consciously use the strafe trigger to keep my fingers busy. Hope that helps.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey what do u mean don't rush with your shoulder pads?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

They mean don't rush with the right or left buttons, the ones over the triggers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »