Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #9
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Will you please play one game on a difficulty above All-Pro and notice all the things the CPU "gets" to beat you (a massive turnover differential and absolutely amazing QB play despite who it is)?

Will you please just play one game against a computer and notice that this game has so many little flaws that seem fixable, and FIX THEM?
E.g. suction blocking, horrible O-line/D-line interactions, 3-4 mechanics, overall awareness of players.

Not asking for much...
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
ymd
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Before I write the questions. I would like an actual explanation, not a ''this will be patched" or "we didn't have time to fix it" for each question. Please don't ignore the matters at hand.

1. Where are the team specific chants that you stated would be in this game?

2. Why aren't pursuit angles fixed?

3. Why aren't the flats issue fixed?

4. Why are career/franchise stats ridiculously messed up? (Examples: ALL of the kickers have no XP made in 2008, this messes up the career percentage. Tackle stats are messed up. Half-sacks which you hyped up are not in user games.)

5. Why aren't double-teams implamented correctly in this game? This renders the 3-4 defense to be absolutely useless.

6. Why does the AI CPU run routes BEFORE the WR does?

7. Why does the AI CPU WR/CBs still have eyes in the back of their head?

8. Why am I still seeing cornerbacks trucking DT's after an INT?

9. Why doesn't weight mean anything in this game?

10. Why are kickoffs so damn easy post-patch?

11. Why don't ratings mean anything? (See earlier post about ratings/easter bunny topic.) Examples: Kickers playing LT and pancaking Vince Wilfork.

12. Why does the ball go through players hands/helmets/body/ect.?

13. Why do the linebackers/D-lineman ALWAYS look for blockers compared to going after the QB? (Example: Terrell Suggs will have a free shot at the QB but will to the side to get blocked by the center).

14. Why does the CPU AI O-line simply cheat? Left tackles NEVER EVER run to the side of the Right tackle to block a cornerback blitz. This renders overload blitzes useless.

15. How do so many bugs/glitches get sent out? Are you saying your team never simmed a season and noticed the lack of rushing TD's/OLB sacks/ridiculous amount of MLB tackles? Or that tackles aren't added correctly? These are things that EVERYBODY has seen, besides obviously your team.

16. Why is there a lack of interaction in the forums? I personally don't buy that you're more busy AFTER the game has launched that you can't come to the forums for 20 mins to answer questions, compared to being on the forums for hours and hyping up the game DURING the game cycle.

Last edited by ymd; 10-08-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I would like to see the D TDs and big plays on ST turned down for the second patch as well as the CPU's blitz tendancy. Will the second patch address these issues?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, like many here I'm an offline franchise player (10 year vet) and my concerns are based in gameplay issues versus the CPU.

Last edited by KingV2k3; 10-08-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

1. Why can't we have a deeper franchise mode? Like it used to be back in 2004 or 2005?

2.Contract negotiations need to be tweaked.

3.Allow us to control the player after we run into the endzone. So we can dunk th ball over the goalpost or go for a leap into the crowd. This has always annoyed me in football games. Sometimes it's like you run into a brick wall when you go into the endzone. Players don't stop running when the get to the enzone in real life. They run around and celebrate.

Last edited by ktipton87; 10-08-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

1. Why is the human O-Line so much "stupider" than the CPU O-Line?

1a) Why is it that the Human pass rush is so much worse than the AI pass rush, even with slider adjustments?

2. Why doesn't the O-Line pick up blitzers well, especially up the middle?

3. Why does the WR for the human team not run at full speed on their routes, but the CPU WR do?

4. What EXACTLY do all the sliders do? Exactly, not just in general "helps pass blocking", etc.

4a) And along those lines, how exactly does speed threshold work and what setting is tuned to be NFL realistic?

5. Why doesn't the CPU be more active in trading/trying to improve their teams during the season in offline franchise?

6. Can we keep the potential rating, but hid it from both the AI and Human? (I.e. don't let the AI cheat by knowing everyone's pots).

7. Can we finally get real roster limits and have IR free up roster active roster spots like in real life?

8. Can you drop the rivalry game boost the AI gets? It's still there. The Browns do not play twice as good just because they are playing the Ravens or Bengals, etc.

9. Can we finally get a realistic number of penalties with the default penalty sliders? No more of only holding, clipping, and facemask being called and almost none of the others.

10. Why do we have all these ratings and half of them either don't make an impact on game play at all or not nearly enough impact?

11. Why does the AI call sooooo many blitzes, especially 6/7/8 man blitzes? Where is their backing off into zones sometimes - or combo coverages?

12. Why does the AI call so few run plays?

13. Why is it that there's only one set of sliders for special teams? Why not a HUM and CPU set?

14. Why do players still take horrid pursuit angles? (I.E. Why do defenders run at then behind ball carriers? Why don't they run where the ball carrier will be - not where he was?)

15. Why is it that the AI can sign a player for dirt cheap, but the human trying to sign the same guy has to pay through the nose?

16. Why are draft picks so undervalued in offline franchise, especially 1st and 2nd round picks?

17. Why does the AI always have to have an advantage in a trade? Why can't it accept an exchange of two nearly evenly skilled, paid, potential, and aged players?

Last edited by KBLover; 10-08-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Why isn't Illegal Contact in the game? I can't count how many times i've sent a guy on a Streak route only to see the corner still pressing and shoving him 20 yards down the field. Or how many times my tight end has come out of a break only to run right into a stationary linebacker who doesn't move or react to him at all, causing me to throw an easy pick.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #15
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Why is man coverage so bad?

Why is a slot receiver pretty much unstoppable?

Why cant LB's cover the FB's/RB's that run the ">" or "<" route ?

Why do players with high play recognition still bite on the same plays? Esp Play Action?

Why is it that DB's don't always press receivers even when you coverage audible to do so?

Why is the quick pass so effective even when my guys are right with the receiver?

Why do defenders in zone just sit there when a ball is coming towards them and the receiver? Esp curl routes.

Why do safeties(mostly FS) not play centerfield?

Why is it that when I playmaker my safeties to play centerfield they still don't react to the TE/Slot receiver on a post?

WHERE IS ADAPTIVE A.I.? Esp for User games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why is it when a guy on my team will be pursuing an opposing player, who has the ball and is running to the endzone, and will be keeping up with him speed-wise, then when I take over that guy and press the speed button, he can't even keep up, let alone run the opposing player down?!

Make practice available during the week and make it mean something, LIKE MAKING PLAYERS BETTER. Duh.

Put training camp back into the games, it NEVER should have been taken out!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »