Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

1) Since EA is intent on forcing in-game ads down our throats, to the point of some games showing an in-game ad EVERY single play, when can we expect to the game price to drop? Surely EA is making alot of money on these ad's, and forcing them on the consumer...so are we ever going to see that savings?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #170

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
1) Since EA is intent on forcing in-game ads down our throats, to the point of some games showing an in-game ad EVERY single play, when can we expect to the game price to drop? Surely EA is making alot of money on these ad's, and forcing them on the consumer...so are we ever going to see that savings?
If you already have the game how would you see any "savings" from a price drop?
Old 10-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #171
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Well, with that statement, then we deserve discounts from 2k as well. NBA 2k and Baseball both have ads in their games.

Again, EA is not the lone ranger with this. It's something the consumer will need to get used to or stop supporting the games.

Plus, there is a fix to it. Don't sign into xbox live and you won't have any ads show up. They appear to be internet driven.

Last edited by roadman; 10-31-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #172
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm not going to make anything more of this than this post, but the overlay Ad has to go. I have written and complained to every company I have seen advertise on it, and I advise everyone else to do the same. Simply go the company website, find the 'contact us' link and send them an email complaining about EA's poor use of advertising space/location in a game you paid your hard earned $$$ to play. As someone else pointed out, for a company that wants to win the heart and minds of gamers, the overlay Ad feels more akin to a slap in the face.

My question is:

Why did the Madden team feel like the overlay Ad was an acceptable part of the game?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #173
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
My question is:

Why did the Madden team feel like the overlay Ad was an acceptable part of the game?
The answer to that is the same as the answer to everything in life: Money.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #174
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Am I the only one who doesn't pay attention to ads, lol? It really doesn't bother me at all, I think I might be from a different planet than most, lol.

I know I know, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but folks gripe over the weirdest **** Ads? Seriously?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #175
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Is there anyway you could create Team Based AI Scripts, such that players could create their own play calling based on available players, team they are against, location of ball, situation (yards to go), and other various situations?

As the community vastly outnumbers the Madden team, 100,000's to 1, and could spend time improving the game after release. Instead of the Madden team trying to get every last detail right, is there any way you can create the game such that it can be configured by the community, such at the Team Based AI Script question above?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #176
Banned

OVR: 4

Roadman and Creep...I can understand having ad's in pre-game, halftime, post gamer, on the franchise home screen, being talked about by announcers befroe the game(be a chompion)...but when they pop up IN GAME that is crossing the line. It makes it hard to concentrate on the task at hand and also covers up the screen making it harder to see recievers in motion, etc. I don't feel like we should have to disconnect from xbox live to make it stop.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »