Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #177
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Roadman and Creep...I can understand having ad's in pre-game, halftime, post gamer, on the franchise home screen, being talked about by announcers befroe the game(be a chompion)...but when they pop up IN GAME that is crossing the line. It makes it hard to concentrate on the task at hand and also covers up the screen making it harder to see recievers in motion, etc. I don't feel like we should have to disconnect from xbox live to make it stop.
Then count yourself lucky by not playing other games that have the ads in game.

Madden 09 had it, but no one complained.

You do have an option, though, even if you feel we shouldn't need to. Also, there is another option that was seen on OS. Turn on the game, exit out and return to the game. The ads disappear. Then, you can leave xbox live on.

Last edited by roadman; 11-02-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #178
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Can someone take a picture of the in-game ads you are seeing? I don't have mine hooked up online, so I don't know. I remember when at college earlier this year, when my ps3 was hooked up online, the game was said to be brought to you by Fast and Furious, as it was hyped up right before the movie released, I thoroughly enjoyed that, because it was like real life as the sponsor's changed and such. What is so different on madden 10?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #179
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Is the CPU Interception slider broken? Why when you set it to 0 can the CPU still make INT after INT? Shouldn't 0 make it virtually impossible for the CPU to make an Interception?
Old 11-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #180
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then count yourself lucky by not playing other games that have the ads in game.

Madden 09 had it, but no one complained.

You do have an option, though, even if you feel we shouldn't need to. Also, there is another option that was seen on OS. Turn on the game, exit out and return to the game. The ads disappear. Then, you can leave xbox live on.
To be honest, the only other sports game's i've played lately are NBA 2K8, Madden 10, NCAA 09, and the UFC game. I've seen ad's in all of those games...on billboards, on the scorers table, pre-game, post-game, etc. In alot of cases, especially in the case of the scorers table in basketball, these ad's actually add to the realism of the game since you see these kinds of ad's in real life. The difference in M10 is that they sometimes appear in game, when the offensive line is coming up to the ball. What other sports games do this? I haven't played the newest 2K, but I haven't heard of any ad's popping up.
I will try to get a pic of these ad's next time I see the, because it's becoming obvious that some people don't know what i'm referring to.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #181
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
To be honest, the only other sports game's i've played lately are NBA 2K8, Madden 10, NCAA 09, and the UFC game. I've seen ad's in all of those games...on billboards, on the scorers table, pre-game, post-game, etc. In alot of cases, especially in the case of the scorers table in basketball, these ad's actually add to the realism of the game since you see these kinds of ad's in real life. The difference in M10 is that they sometimes appear in game, when the offensive line is coming up to the ball. What other sports games do this? I haven't played the newest 2K, but I haven't heard of any ad's popping up.
I will try to get a pic of these ad's next time I see the, because it's becoming obvious that some people don't know what i'm referring to.
MLB 2k9 and NBA 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm used to them by now because of Madden 09, so, I do know what you are referring to. I'm assuming you didn't play Madden 09. My tolerance level must be higher since I've already experienced with 09. I understand if you are a first time user with ads during game play.

Madden isn't alone in game play ads. It doesn't bother me because by the time the QB lines up behind the center, they are usually gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
MLB 2k9 and NBA 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm used to them by now because of Madden 09, so, I do know what you are referring to. I'm assuming you didn't play Madden 09. My tolerance level must be higher since I've already experienced with 09. I understand if you are a first time user with ads during game play.

Madden isn't alone in game play ads. It doesn't bother me because by the time the QB lines up behind the center, they are usually gone.
It's true..I didn't play Madden 09. Was it any good? I usually make it a point not buy it every year.
Like you said, it might be just because this is the first time i've experienced something this intrusive during actual gameplay. The wierd thing is, when the ad's show up in my game, they don't go away until the ball is hiked. So it gets in the way of putting players in motion and is just an all around huge distraction. It's sad that they had to take it so far.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #183
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
It's true..I didn't play Madden 09. Was it any good? I usually make it a point not buy it every year.
Like you said, it might be just because this is the first time i've experienced something this intrusive during actual gameplay. The wierd thing is, when the ad's show up in my game, they don't go away until the ball is hiked. So it gets in the way of putting players in motion and is just an all around huge distraction. It's sad that they had to take it so far.
No, Madden 09 was very dull and boring. It was like playing the same team over and over again.

The ads were more appealing than the game.

10 is much better, a breath of fresh air for me.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have two major issues with franchise mode:

1. Re-signing players. It seems that when you try to re-sign your own guys they have completely outrageous demands and occasionally will not accept any offer you present. This becomes a massive problem considering you can only franchise one guy.

2. Retractable roofs. This one isn't a big deal but it is a little frustrating when you use a team like Indy or Dallas. Regardless of the weather these retractable roof stadiums are always closed in franchise mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »