Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

Why is the slant out from the back field (playmaker) broken now, I have never seen where they mosey on out then take off running, hilarious.

Where is the game we were all talking about back in May, June, July & August...
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 10-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

1) How come when my defensive players get tired in the dime or dollar coverage, the game automatically subs in my WR's as cornerbacks, etc.? One of these times Fitgerald is going to get hurt and mess up my franchise...

2) How come after you select your offensive(and defensive?) formation, and get to the next screen where you call the play, it doesn't show you anywhere what formation you selected. I know it used to in all the previous years. This may be a bit picky, but it helps alot when you forget so you don't have to back all the way out.

3) Why are play action passes so innefective?

4) Do weight and height have any effect on how players move, playe, etc.?

5) HOW COME SOME GAMES I GET A POP-UP AD IN GAME? IT'S RIGHT ABOVE THE SCORE AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT. SO ANNOYING.....
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Pro Tak - Nice attempted but it needs to be physics based like APF 2k8 and ESPN 2k5. Its ridiculous when my defender is holding a guy up, and i try to run up to lay a big hit on him, but instead my guy just runs up in goes into the hugging animation. Then when guys are falling down, and they hit the R analog button. They some how bounce back up and fall for more yardage.Basically weight and speed should be respected.

Presentation - Better commentary would be best. Its a bit boring. They should have more enthusiasm on big plays. Have conversations with each other like you would see on Sunday. Also I would love to see play by play in the Highlights Halftime and Post game.

Atmosphere - Madden 10 just doesnt sound like football. The 1st problem is the sound glitches on and off during the game. Also i dont here any ref whistles or crowd chants. Also what happened to stadium specific sounds. Like when i get a 1st down or TD with Dallas. I wanna here the calvery horn play. I would like to see that put back in Madden 11. Also on the last gen Maddens. There were time of day effects. After a quarter the sunlight would change depending on the time the game was played. Also when there was weather, it would start and stop periodically. Also it would snow/rain softly then gradually pick up.

Miscellaneous- I was playing the APF 2k8 Demo yesterday and noticed alot of things that made that game the most realistic football sim ive played. They actually hav shoulder blocks. So unlike madden a guy wont magicly get lose when u run by. Also if u were close enough Defenders would reach out ther hands blocked or unblock to try or make the play, and it was all physics based so if u came at a bad angle there arm would just fall off. Also I noticed that players uniforms got realistically dirty and also had war marks on there helmets. BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND!Another thing was when players took there steps. they would kick up grass and dirt. Like on a WR first step. Would love to see that. Do u guys remember the snow effects on NFL Fever? When it would snow. The snow would gradually cover the untouched spots of the field. Bad game, but best weather effects ive seen ever! Also the fight for the fumble mini game needs to be fixed. there has been countless times when my guy would be the only guy on the ball for 20 seconds, and i still would have to fight for possession. Not good.

EA. Will most of these issues and wishes be fixed and make it in Madden 11?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #20
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

1) What will be in Patch 2?

2) What is the ETA for Patch 2?

3) Will we have to restart franchises in order to have the effects of Patch 2 (offline and online)?

4) What happened to the stadium specific chants/sounds (E-A-G-L-E-S- EAGLES!!!)? Will we get them in Madden 10?

5) What happened to the celebration/special scene Ian hinted at when someone breaks Rice's or Emmitt Smith's career records?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-record.html

6) Please explain all the sliders in-depth. Also, the sliders for coach philosophy.

7) Please answer the questions posed here about Ratings:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-bunny.html

8) If possible, please take potential ratings out of scouting info screen at least until the player is fully scouted. Also the Star Diagram shouldn't be available for non-scouted players either. It makes drafting too easy. I had 3 A potential players, 3 Bs and a D with no trades and the 32nd pick in every round.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

does tiburon have a game testing department or is it only a qa department to find and fix the bugs? if not would you consider implementing one to avoid the necessity of game play patches in the future?

do you feel that the lack of competition has created a lack of creative new features and gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

1) Why is a defensive back's speed the only thing that matters? Seperates the good from the bad. (user vs. user)

2) Is there any way to get away from the herky jerky animation that occurs on offense (breakaways) and defense (while switching to the player closest to the ball to make the play)

3) Is there any way to get rid of the stutter animation that takes control of my offensive player? There is a good 1-2 seconds before I actually have control of him.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #23
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Why don't more serious injuries occur in user controlled games? The Seahawks should never be healthy all season long! (That's funny, sad and true all at once). Seems like just dingers happen in-game and they are back in after a few plays much more often than not.

Thanks, Ian and crew.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

I started a thread a while back about questions regarding Madden 10. A lot of the posts in this thread are simply complaints preceeded by "why is it that..." and not really questions about how the game works.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-10-a.html
What is the difference between Advanced and Hardcore play calling?

How do the player attribute ratings truley interact?

How do the CPU skill and Player skill balance?

What is the true default skill setting the game is supposed to be tuned for? (All-Pro?)

What is the limping towards the end of long runs now?

What does Awareness do specifically?

How exactly does the Defensive Spotlight really work?

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »