Home

QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

This is a discussion on QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

When you color the uniforms for teams what RGB do you use for black and white? Because when I use the blacks and whites that are in the color palette, they look either way to bright or way to dark.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: QUESTIONS FOR EA AS REQUESTED-noflaming, just direct questions/issues please

My biggest concern, will you please focus on gameplay, and not online franchise??
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

There needs to be fines handed down by the league office for bad hits.

Therefore, there needs to be late hits in the game like when a player is going out of bounds and then gets smashed when he is clearly out.

This happens yet there is no penalty. Maybe even suspend some players.

Also, the challenge method needs to be a bit more detailed. Such as,what exactly you want to challenge.

What ever happened to people wanting the ability to retire numbers? I still feel that this should be part of any franchise.

Last edited by ktipton87; 10-09-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 4

1) My have already been asked, but can you turn down the effectiveness of breaking out of gang tackels? Small RB's should not be breaking 5 man tackles.

2) On the same note, it doesn't really feel like you can push the pile when you are controlling a player who is not already in the gang tackle animation. Is there something that can be done to make that player have more effect? I've never even been able to latch onto a pile.

3) Can you turn down the frequency of the CPU blitzing?

4) What do you think about replacing the cheesy animated stadiums they show before games with actual pictures of the stadiums..inside and out. Seems like it would look cooler and save time becasue you wouldn't have to try to draw everything. Obviousely, this is a small issue, gameplay issues trump this everytime.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 1

What is the deal with the animation where the defender swats at the ball and then magnetically links to the offensive player to hit him at the same time thereby giving the defender a safety valve in case the swat does not work? Either the defender swats it or he swats and misses but then hits the receiver causing the incompletion. Why is this animation in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #62
Banned

Any other questions?? If not, hopefully a mod see's this and can see if Ian can take a look. It seems to me thast almost every little issue is mentioned in this thread somewhere...
Old 10-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #63
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Pro Tak - Nice attempted but it needs to be physics based like APF 2k8 and ESPN 2k5. Its ridiculous when my defender is holding a guy up, and i try to run up to lay a big hit on him, but instead my guy just runs up in goes into the hugging animation. Then when guys are falling down, and they hit the R analog button. They some how bounce back up and fall for more yardage.Basically weight and speed should be respected.

Presentation - Better commentary would be best. Its a bit boring. They should have more enthusiasm on big plays. Have conversations with each other like you would see on Sunday. Also I would love to see play by play in the Highlights Halftime and Post game.

Atmosphere - Madden 10 just doesnt sound like football. The 1st problem is the sound glitches on and off during the game. Also i dont here any ref whistles or crowd chants. Also what happened to stadium specific sounds. Like when i get a 1st down or TD with Dallas. I wanna here the calvery horn play. I would like to see that put back in Madden 11. Also on the last gen Maddens. There were time of day effects. After a quarter the sunlight would change depending on the time the game was played. Also when there was weather, it would start and stop periodically. Also it would snow/rain softly then gradually pick up.

Miscellaneous- I was playing the APF 2k8 Demo yesterday and noticed alot of things that made that game the most realistic football sim ive played. They actually hav shoulder blocks. So unlike madden a guy wont magicly get lose when u run by. Also if u were close enough Defenders would reach out ther hands blocked or unblock to try or make the play, and it was all physics based so if u came at a bad angle there arm would just fall off. Also I noticed that players uniforms got realistically dirty and also had war marks on there helmets. BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND!Another thing was when players took there steps. they would kick up grass and dirt. Like on a WR first step. Would love to see that. Do u guys remember the snow effects on NFL Fever? When it would snow. The snow would gradually cover the untouched spots of the field. Bad game, but best weather effects ive seen ever! Also the fight for the fumble mini game needs to be fixed. there has been countless times when my guy would be the only guy on the ball for 20 seconds, and i still would have to fight for possession. Not good.

EA. Will most of these issues and wishes be fixed and make it in Madden 11?
Tick... I have to tag your post....

Basically I think APF is the best... I'm not trying to knock EA/Madden at all... but, I feel APF is the template you should use in all aspects... regarding player movement and interaction...

But to a larger extent... which I've been hinting at for the past 3weeks... the APF playbooks on both sides of the ball give me complete control of the game... and when I read alot of the threads and post it seems M10 doesn't give you the feeling of controlling the outcome of the game with a good gameplan... w/the sliders just about even I'm still feeling the AI forcing a Fumble/INT at the right time just to keep it even or steal a win... I don't get that from APF....

Also all the Madden playbooks call out these NFL pet names that mean nothing... I don't know if a called D or formation is working or not.... all the plays on O and D appear different but the execution looks generic.... Call the plays on D at least for what they are: short zone... Mid zone ... Deep zone... I call a play and I still don't see my CB's cover the wide outs...

skip the (mad red dog fire) crap or (knee deep blue)... that means nothing to me....

Again I would like to feel rewarded for a good gameplan and playcalling... I can't get there with the meager playbooks EA provides.....

thanks...

Last edited by xrams; 10-10-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #64
Banned

bump
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »