Home

Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

This is a discussion on Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

I hope they take this garbage out next patch....wtf are they thinking?

I just had a pick with Tye Hill and he was caught by Mike Sellers who has a 70 speed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

same thing w/ me but on offense. I will hit the perfect holes and take it to the outside so it will be tougher to catch me and my rb looks like he is stumbling and is limping when he isnt hurt. So i end up missing out on a huge run for a td and get tackled in the redzone
Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Chances they remove that herky jerky slow down crap when a player breaks away?

I knew I wasn't crazy. I knew it looked like Chris Johnson had been shot in the leg on whenever I broke a run with him. Glad I wasn't the only one seeing this issue and I dearly hope it's fixed. Nobody should be able to catch Chris Johnson, let alone linebackers.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Yeah this has been in since the patch. It's ugly as hell... I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's fatigue in action.

If the player is fatigued and you break off a big run... you'll actually see the player's speed rating dropping mid run which is why you get the jerky motion.. the players speed is literally going from 90, 89, 88, 87, 86. 85... the problem is each rating drop seems to cause a "limp" like animation.

EDIT: That's also why you don't always see it... cos some players aren't fatigued when they break a big run.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Yeah this has been in since the patch. It's ugly as hell... I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's fatigue in action.

If the player is fatigued and you break off a big run... you'll actually see the player's speed rating dropping mid run which is why you get the jerky motion.. the players speed is literally going from 90, 89, 88, 87, 86. 85... the problem is each rating drop seems to cause a "limp" like animation.

EDIT: That's also why you don't always see it... cos some players aren't fatigued when they break a big run.
Interesting, I have been reading up on the issue on other fourms but haven't heard that theory before. But I've seen it happen with Jerious Norwood when he has just been subbed in for Turner when I broke a run so I'm not sure if that could be it. He shouldn't be getting tired on his first run off the bench.

Edit- Also, in other fourms, they were saying that they added this in to help fix the broken pursuit angles......

Last edited by Rbk; 10-07-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
Interesting, I have been reading up on the issue on other fourms but haven't heard that theory before. But I've seen it happen with Jerious Norwood when he has just been subbed in for Turner when I broke a run so I'm not sure if that could be it. He shouldn't be getting tired on his first run off the bench.

Edit- Also, in other fourms, they were saying that they added this in to help fix the broken pursuit angles......
LOL that's like the ol Major Payne trick:
"OW my arm hurts!!"
"Lemme show you a trick to get your mind off that pain"
*breaks finger*
no one is thinkin bout the hurt arm now huh?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

+1

Whatever EA did to cause this ... FIX IT!!! It visually ruins the run game, looks like the RB's have something holding them back during break-away runs???
Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry8100
LOL that's like the ol Major Payne trick:
"OW my arm hurts!!"
"Lemme show you a trick to get your mind off that pain"
*breaks finger*
no one is thinkin bout the hurt arm now huh?

LOL yea that's petty much how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »