Home

when did os turn into a hate forum?

This is a discussion on when did os turn into a hate forum? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
when did os turn into a hate forum?

i was gone a few weeks,and it seems like every thread is about how much ian sucks and ea sucks.i hear ian and co. are done with the os forums!?what the deuce?!!!madden is a awsome game!not perfect but awsome,look at how much this year is better than last year,and how much better 11 will be.back off haters!if you haters blow this chance at interaction with the dev teams,then i hope you all get gonohreah and die!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: when did os turn into a hate forum?

Seriously, can someone please tell me what has actually gone into the game from the interaction of the dev team on these forums or any other forums for that matter?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
Seriously, can someone please tell me what has actually gone into the game from the interaction of the dev team on these forums or any other forums for that matter?
From last August wish list at OS, 90% of what OS wished for was put into the game. I've produced the list for this a few times over the past several weeks. I'm too darn tired to look it up , so, for now, you'll have to take my word for it.

Does it really matter to you one way or the other based on your sig?

Last edited by roadman; 10-08-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's my take on the situation.

I would see Ian in the past responding to criticism and even responding to what I would consider flame/troll posts, I believe that was a mistake on his part.

He shouldn't have lowered himself to reply to those posts, it's a message board, with all the inherent flaws that a public and anonymous public message board will have.

Someone in his position needs to have much, much thicker skin. He had a LOT of defenders here ready, willing, and able to fight his battles. He needed to rise ABOVE the nonsense you will see on this and ANY other public/anonymous message board.

When you're given a big job with a big company and represent a product which MILLIONS buy each year, you're never going to get universal praise no matter how great the product is. In addition even the most staunch supporters of Ian and Madden would have to admit that Madden 06-09 were not the kind of products we're going to put in time capsules for future generations to admire.

He had 2 strikes going in, while difficult, you need to bite your tongue at times and simply handle what you can handle. His responding to the kind of posts he responded to showed me he was taking things a bit too personally, even if some clowns did get personal.

I haven't been a big fan of Next Gen Madden products, but I would never think to get personal with Ian.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Who knows if they have been given a big enough budget? Enough manpower? There are so many other things that only he knows, are programmers getting done what he wants to get done? Are they good enough to realize Ian's vision of what he wanted the game to be? I could go on forever with these type questions that only people on the inside could know.

That being said, I could see this coming by who and what he responded to. Instead of taking it personally, he should have just sifted through what was good and helpful and ignored what was just sour grapes and clutter. He's still relatively young (29?) and someone in his position which is almost semi-celebrity (he appeared on TV with T.J. Housh, etc.) needs to understand that you can't please everybody and must remain ABOVE THE FREY.

Hopefully, this has been a valuable learning experience for him, when you're put "up front" to represent a product purchased by millions each year, you're going to have to take the good with the bad, especially in a public and anonymous message board on the internet.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Jet Sufferer is wise.

Excellent post, and I'd hope that reaches Ian's eyes. I think it'd help him a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tite50
i was gone a few weeks,and it seems like every thread is about how much ian sucks and ea sucks.i hear ian and co. are done with the os forums!?what the deuce?!!!madden is a awsome game!not perfect but awsome,look at how much this year is better than last year,and how much better 11 will be.back off haters!if you haters blow this chance at interaction with the dev teams,then i hope you all get gonohreah and die!!!!
Because the devs were here preaching the game pre release to hype it up, they got our 65 bucks, and now they're gone. There are a boat load of issues with the game, to me it's just 09 + gang tackling, and the dev's are no where to be found. Ryan Ferwerda has made very little effort to correct many of the glaring issues with OF (mainly the lack of commish options, which Ryan stated in the OF video "If we couldn't get it in, we gave the commish the tools to adapt"...BS)

I for one am just tired of EA's BS, they release piss poor football games and it makes me even more sad they have the exclusive rights each time I pop in that barely coaster worthy piece of junk M10....
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why wouldn't there be hate? The game is broken and the EA employees passing it off as the most realistic and best Madden ever before release quickly disappeared after release.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Turned into another EA hate thread.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines/Air Force Falcons.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »