Home

Madden passing changes for M11

This is a discussion on Madden passing changes for M11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Madden passing changes for M11

The only thing that Vision Cone fan and I agree with is the current system of passing has to be changed.

The problem with the vision cone is it doesnt represent what makes one QB more efficient than another.

The things that makes Great QB's great are

1. The ability to process information before and after the snap.

2. Knowing where everybody on the field should be.

Pretty much all pro QB's can make all the throws.

The best way to represent sim passing in a videogame is to force gamers to target a pass catcher before being able to make the throw. I have never seen a QB throw an intentional pass to a pass catcher he wasnt looking at directly. So why can you in the game?

Each pass play should have its primary target(like they do already). The User or CPU can change it pre-snap based on their pre-snap reads. After snap you can change targets with a double tap system. This new system will allow AWR to factor into QB play. With Procedural Awareness the QB with lesser AWR will stare down WR's and take longer to locate other pass catchers when targeting a different one. While QB's with better AWR will look to other WR's while really targeting another. How often and how far they look the defender off will be based on their awareness. Also high AWR QB's will know where every pass catcher should be so he will change targets quicker the lesser AWR QB's.

I also would like to see the effects of smart QB back in the game. If you show any QB the same look all game he will figure out the defense. The more aware the QB the quicker they will figure you out.

Elite QB should be rewarded while poor QB's should be penaltize.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden passing changes for M11

Why dont they just make it that if you throw the receiver and defenders can't react to the pass if they are not looking at the ball?

This would solve a lot of problems and make the game more realistic and difficult. Right now i can throw the ball way before a wr cuts and it will throw it at him, he will turn around, and make a play. He should continue his route and miss the pass.

I would like to see this before a full revamp of how passing works.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phife1442
Why dont they just make it that if you throw the receiver and defenders can't react to the pass if they are not looking at the ball?

This would solve a lot of problems and make the game more realistic and difficult. Right now i can throw the ball way before a wr cuts and it will throw it at him, he will turn around, and make a play. He should continue his route and miss the pass.

Yeah this would be good if it was well implemented.

The system sucks the way it is (not just madden but all passing in video games) with how you can't really throw the ball away in the sense of near guys without someone making a play on it. I'd love it if I could just push a button and it goes near a player but falls to the ground. Would save a lot of sacks taken since trying to sue the throw away button in the game now often results in an intentional grounding penalty.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The only thing that Vision Cone fan and I agree with is the current system of passing has to be changed.

The problem with the vision cone is it doesnt represent what makes one QB more efficient than another.

The things that makes Great QB's great are

1. The ability to process information before and after the snap.

2. Knowing where everybody on the field should be.

Pretty much all pro QB's can make all the throws.

The best way to represent sim passing in a videogame is to force gamers to target a pass catcher before being able to make the throw. I have never seen a QB throw an intentional pass to a pass catcher he wasnt looking at directly. So why can you in the game?

Each pass play should have its primary target(like they do already). The User or CPU can change it pre-snap based on their pre-snap reads. After snap you can change targets with a double tap system. This new system will allow AWR to factor into QB play. With Procedural Awareness the QB with lesser AWR will stare down WR's and take longer to locate other pass catchers when targeting a different one. While QB's with better AWR will look to other WR's while really targeting another. How often and how far they look the defender off will be based on their awareness. Also high AWR QB's will know where every pass catcher should be so he will change targets quicker the lesser AWR QB's.

I also would like to see the effects of smart QB back in the game. If you show any QB the same look all game he will figure out the defense. The more aware the QB the quicker they will figure you out.

Elite QB should be rewarded while poor QB's should be penaltize.

The Vision cone simulated the second element in bold. The bigger the cone, the less you had to switch the cone which simulates the fact that's elite QBs have and easier time finding WRs.

A double tap system is basically a invisible vision cone. You have to tap the button once to get the QB to look at the wr and second time to get him to throw the ball.

A double tap system that makes QBs with a low awareness switch from one WR to the next is all that's needed IMO.

What I want to hear in Madden 11 is, " such and such is accurate and has a strong arm , but he's stupid ".

EA has made us feel the difference in the way the QBs throw, they need to make us feel their intelligence, or lack there of.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phife1442

I was impressed with defenders not making plays on the ball when not looking this year. I would like if offenses player had the same disadvantage. But I would hope we can get both. Right now the passing system is so not even close to sim. Matter fact Tecmobowl had a better system than Madden.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
The Vision cone simulated the second element in bold. The bigger the cone, the less you had to switch the cone which simulates the fact that's elite QBs have and easier time finding WRs.

A double tap system is basically a invisible vision cone. You have to tap the button once to get the QB to look at the wr and second time to get him to throw the ball.

A double tap system that makes QBs with a low awareness switch from one WR to the next is all that's needed IMO.

What I want to hear in Madden 11 is, " such and such is accurate and has a strong arm , but he's stupid ".

EA has made us feel the difference in the way the QBs throw, they need to make us feel their intelligence, or lack there of.
The cone still allowed you to throw passes to player without looking directly at them. And if a QB knows where everybody is then whats the point of the cone?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

I Applaud your ideas and agree a completely new mechanic is needed dseperately. However.....

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! Why?

Because "WE" the sim/realism crowd are no longer the target group anymore. They care more for the casual/Arcade crowd more than anything else because "they" dont know any better and think what we have now is perfect....If we make it actually realistic they would run away.

Exclusivity needs to end and competition needs to return....
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I Applaud your ideas and agree a completely new mechanic is needed dseperately. However.....

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! Why?

Because "WE" the sim/realism crowd are no longer the target group anymore. They care more for the casual/Arcade crowd more than anything else because "they" dont know any better and think what we have now is perfect....If we make it actually realistic they would run away.

Exclusivity needs to end and competition needs to return....
They say "SIM" is the direction from here on out. Lets hope it really is!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »