Home

Realism of trading players

This is a discussion on Realism of trading players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Realism of trading players

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that in a Franchise I can trade Kurt Warner for Tony Romo in the middle of the season and have Romo start immediately? I've always thought there should be some punishment for this. In the real NFL Romo would have to sit out a couple weeks or play with a very, very limited playbook.

I've always thought there should be a Playbook Knowledge attribute. It'd be a 99, naturally, for players that have been with a franchise for years, but when I trade Warner for Romo it'd be significantly lower. The effects would be something like a limited playbook, Romo occasionally calling a different play than the one you called, and occasional miscommunications (trying to hand off to the RB when it's a pass play and vice versa).

Am I the only one who thinks this would be a cool idea for the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Re: Realism of trading players

Would be interesting. Only game that had something like this that I've played was Football Pro 98.

Supposedly, there was a hidden rating called "Familiarity" which represents exactly what you are describing. I believe it applied to players as well as changing playbooks (in that game, you set the playbook you wanted to use and each week you left it the same, the familiarity would go up).

I think it would be interesting to have it in Madden. It makes sense that if I went on a trading spree - my team would be in chaos and would struggle to work together/learn the scheme for a while.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Head Coach had something similar. If you scouted out free agents or trades, it would list the ones most familiar with the system.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

great thought! Thats so true in the nfl. Not sure how they could do it in madden but I great thought
I would much prefer one year or maybe two left of warner than a career left of the human turnover scary cat Romo He is bad!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree with the awareness idea but he would have to sit out. When you trade for a guy who will be your starter they just dumb down the playbook. But cool idea. Maybe they should give you the option of only like 50% of run plays and 20%-30% of pass plays when you trade someone. I like where this is going though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Head Coach had something similar. If you scouted out free agents or trades, it would list the ones most familiar with the system.
+1 head coach, where team dynamics happen.
Trading for a whole new team mid season should damage the team significantly yet it does not.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Wow.

Maybe I should be looking into this series as well/instead of the "main" Madden series...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »