Home

Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays?

This is a discussion on Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays?

I am currently in the midst of year 2 of my Bengals franchise. I started the year 5-3 and was riding high winning 3 straight games. Then Carson Palmer goes down with a season ending injury. Before his injury, my team's overall rating was an 83 which was better than a lot of my opponents. After he went down, the rating dropped to like 75 which is now worse than most of my opponents.

I dont know if it is just in my head but it seems like everybody on my team "plays differently." I all of a sudden can't get a stop on defense, can't run the ball as well, and I have receivers dropping passes left and right.

Did my OVR rating going down effect how good my team plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Does OVR team rating affect how well your team plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I am currently in the midst of year 2 of my Bengals franchise. I started the year 5-3 and was riding high winning 3 straight games. Then Carson Palmer goes down with a season ending injury. Before his injury, my team's overall rating was an 83 which was better than a lot of my opponents. After he went down, the rating dropped to like 75 which is now worse than most of my opponents.

I dont know if it is just in my head but it seems like everybody on my team "plays differently." I all of a sudden can't get a stop on defense, can't run the ball as well, and I have receivers dropping passes left and right.

Did my OVR rating going down effect how good my team plays?
I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Video games are coded with numbers, so quite possibly if you have a much lower overall than the team you're playing, it could quite possibly make your team play worse. I dont know though.

On a side, get used to Palmer being hurt. I'm in year 5 with the Bengals and Palmer has made it through only 2 seasons w/o major injury. Draft a replacement high, and draft a replacement soon.

Only bad thing is Palmers ridiculous contract. I'd trade him, but the cap hit will be out of this world (20-something mill).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »