Home

Stupid QB Concepts

This is a discussion on Stupid QB Concepts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Stupid QB Concepts

Ok this has been going on for some time now and it's so ****ing dumb.

Whenever I play madden I blitz a tonnnn practically every single play.
Generally I'll get to the qb about 3 times but lately, I guess this is the new cool thing to do, everyone flat out sprints in the opposite direction of the blitz and find open recievers because of the extra time they gain. Scrambling side to side doesn't bother me but when they head backwards it really pisses me off. Has anyone else noticed that when people do this the quarterback is facing his own damn end zone? How the hell can someone see down field when they're looking the opposite direction!? It's a cheap tactic that not any madden junky can come up with in an excuse to why people can do this, unless of course there are eyes on the back of the qb's head, but even then the helmet would prevent these eyes from seeing. EA needs to address this, it's a simple concept for Christ sake. If people want to do that change the freagin camera angle on those mofos make them see what the qb sees, their own end zone, or even prevent them from throwing or something, it just doesn't make ANY sense, no one can defend this... Do something about this!

Last edited by BenziN; 10-09-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Stupid QB Concepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenziN
Ok this has been going on for some time now and it's so ****ing dumb.

Whenever I play madden I blitz a tonnnn practically every single play.
Generally I'll get to the qb about 3 times but lately, I guess this is the new cool thing to do, everyone flat out sprints in the opposite direction of the blitz and find open recievers because of the extra time they gain. Scrambling side to side doesn't bother me but when they head backwards it really pisses me off. Has anyone else noticed that when people do this the quarterback is facing his own damn end zone? How the hell can someone see down field when they're looking the opposite direction!? It's a cheap tactic that not any madden junky can come up with in an excuse to why people can do this, unless of course there are eyes on the back of the qb's head, but even then the helmet would prevent these eyes from seeing. EA needs to address this, it's a simple concept for Christ sake. If people want to do that change the freagin camera angle on those mofos make them see what the qb sees, their own end zone, or even prevent them from throwing or something, it just doesn't make ANY sense, no one can defend this... Do something about this!
While i tend to agree, bolded this is hardly realistic either is it
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
While i tend to agree, bolded this is hardly realistic either is it
Unrealistic? Given the fact the 4 man pass rush does practically nothing blitzing is required... And if I wanna ****ing blitz I can ****ing blitz they should have to beat it the way every quarter back in the NFL has to beat it, not some stupid *** cheessing way
Old 10-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenziN
Unrealistic? Given the fact the 4 man pass rush does practically nothing blitzing is required... And if I wanna ****ing blitz I can ****ing blitz they should have to beat it the way every quarter back in the NFL has to beat it, not some stupid *** cheessing way

with that logic they can beat it while they run backwards if they ****ing want!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfBetrayal
with that logic they can beat it while they run backwards if they ****ing want!
Are you stupid? Or just a madden fan boy? The point of this thread was to expose a completely unrealistic concept in this game. On the other hand, blitzing is a REAL thing that happens in REAL football. In REAL football I see blitzes, but what I don't ever, ever, ever see is a QB turn his back to the defense and run away except on play action roll outs and if you haven't noticed they don't start to make their progressions until they can actually SEE what the defense is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

I feel your pain OP, the sad thing about it is QB Contain does nothing to stop this. I was really hoping that this years Madden would put an end to that garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »