Home

Who else thinks Madden plays an awesome game online?

This is a discussion on Who else thinks Madden plays an awesome game online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Who else thinks Madden plays an awesome game online?

Im typically an offline franchise guy, and am a total what you guys call "sim" player. I play the game like it should be played.

Well I just started playing online and I think its a total blast personally. Im 9-0 thus far........and ive pretty much only played cheesers who go for every 4th down, run the wildcat all game, or audible on every play. The best part about it is it seems like this years game actually punishes people for playing this way.

For the most part I probably would have lost a few games here or there but these "cheesers" are playing the game so stupid it causes them to lose the game.

If you play Madden the right way......I believe this year it rewards you for the most part...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who else thinks Madden plays an awesome game online?

We'll see what you think we you've played more games. Either you're playing kids that don't know what they're doing or you know how to stop cheesing. Eventually you'll run into guys that know how to cheese in ways you can't stop and that's when you start throwing controllers and start playing offline about 90% of the time.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hear you.....Ive only played guys ranked from 1-6 so far. But from what I see cheese is very stoppable. You just have to make adjustments, and keep them guessing. Just my opinion.....as of right now of course.

There is pretty much nothing better than beating someone who plays like a total idiot......I almost want to messege them afterwards at times....but I guess im not at a total a-hole.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

online plays better IMO.
i used to be an offline franchise nut, but now i mostly play online franchises. the game plays better for some reason.
offline franchise on all-madden the game is just frustrating, i usually will win, but let up 400 yards passing every game. stats are all out of whack (sliders havent help).
online franchise on all-madden everything seems to 'work'
strange how different they play, anyone else notice this?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Pro

LoWw's Arena

OVR: 9

When I played Madden unranked gms where less cheese, weird..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Too much cheesing.
Too many idiots.
Too many children.
Too many leavers (and a semi-crap way of handling them as it relates to the remaining player)

Combine those 3 with the constant lag that's always present ranging from subtle to ridiculous, and Madden's online play turns out to be a pretty ****tastic experience imo.

Now, at least if EAs servers didn't have to be part of the mix of things, the constant lag issue could be reduced to a near un-noticeable level, but since that's not the case, online play is practically broken.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I said that I will not play online on M10 after the bunch of idiots I played on M09 ... But offline just got boring for me.. I crossed my fingers and went back online, and I have had lots of fun again...
Record is not that great 19-12 but I can live with that..

PSN=Capone2004

Last edited by Gmen1986; 10-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

To me, the online experience is much more entertaining than playing against the CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Too much cheesing.

The cheesing really isn't bad at all. Since the game was released, I've only encountered two really bad cheesers:

1. A Michael Vick scrambler
2. Wildcat abuser

Too many idiots.

There might be some show boaters out there but anyone can dive into the end zone if they feel like it.

Too many children.

I can't really tell who I'm playing.

Too many leavers (and a semi-crap way of handling them as it relates to the remaining player)

This can be avoided by playing those with low DNF percentages. if someone quits, you have the option of playing against the CPU.

Combine those 3 with the constant lag that's always present ranging from subtle to ridiculous, and Madden's online play turns out to be a pretty ****tastic experience imo.

I have not experienced any lag at all on Cable at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »