Home

Why is The Passing Game Hard????

This is a discussion on Why is The Passing Game Hard???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Why is The Passing Game Hard????

agreed
Old 10-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Yo I'm Good At Everything (Running The Ball, Defense) Expect The Passing Game.

I Play On All-Madden, and so should i switch to pro???
Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

So you guys play with sliders and custom setting and then turnaround and say that the game is easy?

Ah, you seem to miss the whole point when you do this. Any game is going to be easy if you select for it to be that way. Madden has issues and does not play a sound game of football

There are areas in this game that no sliders or custom game level can fix, period. The basics of the game are all wrong, and the game becomes a game of finding plays that are exploits rather than playing a strategic game of football that takes advantages of your personnel.

The passing game is not timed with the QB drop and the suction blocking are just a small example of why the passing game do not add up. Yes you can pass, but it is not done how it should be done. Heck people just stack the box and can be too effective in the pass and run all day long.

Hopefully Madden gets a makeover soon. Hopefully.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
Rookie

It helps to assign your rb, fb, and the te to block to gain extra time in the pocket to find the open receiver. It helps me during all game modes. And I notice not to many people doing this online.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

The passing game is ridiculously easy this year. It's kinda hard for me not to throw 80%. CPU defense has more holes than swiss cheese and receivers never seem to drop balls. You gotta utilize your backs and tight ends a lot. They're usually always open. Don't force anything to your #1. It works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Bottom line the AI is way to smart and should be toned down some. When I play on all pro. The AI knows how to everything perfectly just about. The AI pretty much acts like a robot knowing every little thing you do before you do it. The AI never blows coverages are are assignments. The AI is to perfect all the time. That what I hate. I want a challenge from the Ai. But I don't want the AI to be perfect nether.
I agree. One thing that drives me crazy is when I'll go into replay mode and watch the route my WR ran. And most of the time I see the DB whos covering him backpedal for about 25 yds (crazy backpedal speeed), break out of the back pedal and turn on a dime while continuing at full speed, and run the route my recievers supposed to run before he even gets their.

For example, I'll send my reciever on a 5yd out route and right when he plants that first foot to slow down to break into the out route the CPU CB is already heading in the direction the WR should be going before he even shows he's heading that way. It's just annoying and makes the game feel like it just "cheats" in the higher difficulty modes.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #23
Rookie

i have no problems passing. i usually have 3 to 5 seconds to throw and sometimes more... if you are not getting enough time just use quick slant plays and play action plays where you roll out and throw, those are my bread and butter.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

All I can say is practice and you will learn what you can get away with from the computer. Madden is about you vs the AI not so much football knowledge and reaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »