Home

Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?

This is a discussion on Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: : Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?
Yes I have. 29 60.42%
No I have not. 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?

only 5?

i have yet to have a game where there isn't at least 3-4 false starts, and around 7 facemasks a game.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

LOL I was flagged for 12 penalties in my game vs the Eagles.

And to the poster asking about Pass Interference, yes I've seen it but its extremely rare.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Penalties need to be extremely tweaked. Why is it so hard to make the settings work like they are supposed to? 0- no penalties 100-penalty every play. Then the user is in complete control.
Your right Bulls... let me more clear... I have all the penalty sliders to max... but Holding is the only excess... I've seen no other flags save for the pre-snap flags and face mask.... pass interference once a game then nothing...

so this is a big problem.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #12
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

This has been a problem in Madden for years, and apparently they never got around to fixing it yet.

All I ever see is holding and facemask. And I have most of them set on 100.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

My most would be about 8 in a game by me.The cpu got 7 in a game once.

I put everything on 100 except holding, clipping and facemask.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I've seen 5+ penalties very rarely. Most of the time, there's not even 5 in the game...combined...and I play on 15 min quarters always and get 115-130 plays in a game.

I've seen the glitched out O-Lineman, but I've also seen false starts that weren't called. The lineman will go into the false start animation and not even participate in the play, but it will still go on.

I have seen defensive pass interference...by accident (i.e. the defender is trying to make a play on the ball or go somewhere and he "runs into" the receiver. I've not see it as a result of mis-timed actual coverage. I've never ever ever ever ever ever ever seen offensive pass interference. Ever.

I have yet to see an offsides call. I've seen where the defender moves early but doesn't make contact and I've yet to be able to catch them before he gets out of the neutral zone. The lag between the fake hike and getting the real one is too much. It should auto-snap when the QB's cadence draws a defender off (make it based on the QB's AWR).

I've yet to see the CPU get a roughing call of any kind. It's like they are all programmed to never screw up in that regard. They should mess up based on AWR, imo.

Since they are nothing more than animation triggers and have no impact on if the call is made or not, I turn them down to like 10. Figure it's no different than what I see anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »