Home

Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?

This is a discussion on Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: : Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?
Yes I have. 29 60.42%
No I have not. 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?

I don't know if it is just me or everyone is having a problem. I have barely seen any penalties in all my games of Madden, which is 120+. The only time I do seen a penalty is if the kickoff goes out of bounds or one of the offensive linemen glitches his wyt to the L.O.S. and the CPU can't snap the ball. This frustrates me to no end because it is kind of pointless for me to get called on and the CPU plays perfect. So have you seen many penalties in your games and are you disappointed in the lack of calls in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Have you seen more than 5 penalties in all the games you've played?

Yea I've had plenty of games where I've seen more than 5. The most I've seen in a game is 8 I think. Granted I play franchise mode and I have adjusted the penalty sliders. Not sure if you play online or just don't use sliders... if you play with default penalty sliders then yeah you're not going to get very many penalties. That's something that's a problem for every sports game I've ever played. I don't know why. But I always have to adjust penalty sliders on any sports game to get realistic penalties.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I have them all set to 100, besides the couple that shouldn't be set that high. May I ask what type of penalties you guys are seeing? I would love to know what I should be experiencing.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmcfreak
I don't know if it is just me or everyone is having a problem. I have barely seen any penalties in all my games of Madden, which is 120+. The only time I do seen a penalty is if the kickoff goes out of bounds or one of the offensive linemen glitches his wyt to the L.O.S. and the CPU can't snap the ball. This frustrates me to no end because it is kind of pointless for me to get called on and the CPU plays perfect. So have you seen many penalties in your games and are you disappointed in the lack of calls in this game?
Better question would be have u ever seen pass interference in a game?
Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

i have adjusted the sliders to get what i feel are better results.

prior to doing that i would get no penalties other than the FG holding calls. i would also get normal holding calls, but less frequently than the FG holding calls. the FG ones never really bothered me cos they didnt happen that much, but cos it was usually the only penalty getting called in a game that got on my nerves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

i've had bout 7 penalties in the 1st half due to my bills offense false starting, holding, clipping. and defense had a few pass interference calls.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

I see alot of threads about all kinds of things... but this I have to post on... I have (all) the penalty sliders to max... but, of course the only flags I get are (offensive) holding on almost every 3rd running play.. either team (me or CPU).... Face mask, not so much which I like... I turned down the (offensive) holding slider to 50.. now everything is perfect....

I will say that I do like this part of the game... with APF no false starts at all.. but M10 I get a great realistic sprinkel of O and D false starts....

Old 10-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Penalties need to be extremely tweaked. Why is it so hard to make the settings work like they are supposed to? 0- no penalties 100-penalty every play. Then the user is in complete control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »