Home

Had Just About Enough of Potential Ratings

This is a discussion on Had Just About Enough of Potential Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Had Just About Enough of Potential Ratings

I thought it sounded like a great idea, but seriously I am getting extremely irritated with it at this point. I am a huge Tyler Thigpen fan, and I think he did a great job playing for the Chiefs last year. I hear he is traded to Miami and it's a great opportunity for him to start. I trade him in my franchise to see that he only has a C Potential. What's the point of starting a franchise around one of my favorite players to know I can't progress him past 79? It's my opinion that EA should either scrap Potential Ratings, or just give us an option to turn ratings off entirely and give us nothing but Vertical, 40 Speed, etc. I think that would make it such a better game for Franchise players, and it still gives an option.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Had Just About Enough of Potential Ratings

At the very least, potential ratings should be hidden. Impossible to know how good a player can become IRL, should be the same in the game.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
At the very least, potential ratings should be hidden. Impossible to know how good a player can become IRL, should be the same in the game.
Although that would be better than we have now, don't you agree that if you take a Runningback and rush for 2,000 yards in a season you shouldn't be capped at an Overall of 79?

Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

What was you hoping he'd have??

Thigpen sucks...his rating and potential are representative of that.

If it means that much to you, change his ratings yourself.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
What was you hoping he'd have??

Thigpen sucks...his rating and potential are representative of that.

If it means that much to you, change his ratings yourself.
After listening to that statement, I figure you probably have absolutely no knowledge of the NFL, so I'm not even going to listen to your opinion of Thigpen. You can't change Potential Ratings in Madden.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

well, he is a 3rd string QB. 2nd now due to an injury. Since he's one of your favorite players you are slightly biased on what his potential should be. When NO ONE knows how he will turn out.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
Although that would be better than we have now, don't you agree that if you take a Runningback and rush for 2,000 yards in a season you shouldn't be capped at an Overall of 79?
In that case it wouldn't really matter. The RB is already rushing for 2000 yds., how much better does he really need to be? That sounds more like a slider/difficulty issue.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
After listening to that statement, I figure you probably have absolutely no knowledge of the NFL, so I'm not even going to listen to your opinion of Thigpen. You can't change Potential Ratings in Madden.
After listening to that statement, I figure you probably have absolutely no knowledge of the Madden, so I'm not even going to listen to your opinion of Madden. You can change Potential Ratings in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »