Home

5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen

This is a discussion on 5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #25
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen

Franchise Mode this year has improved dramatically. I am excited to see what is in store next year.

I am loving the madden generated drafts. If you don;t scout and pay attention to what you're doing you can really crap out, you can also find some studs.

And because the players have a capped potential you can't just draft anyone and pad their stats till they become 99 OVR like in last gen. The draft and scouting actually matter now, just like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 11

I love created draft classes 10000%.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffan
Can you please tell me which difficulty you are playing on?
I am not a slider-person.
Is All-Pro playable after the patch?
I was playing on All-Pro. Now I'm using Harris Sliders. This is the first time I have ever used sliders and I seem to like them quite a bit. I think I will try other sliders though to see which are the best.

I keep forgeting to scout before each game and I didn't scout at all last year and I think I came out pretty good in the last draft.
This year my first pick will be in the 3rd round because I traded for a decent CB since I am the chiefs and don't really have any good ones.
But the fact that I can still find good players late in the draft this year is so much more realstic than in prev versions and it makes me take care of all my picks, not just my first and second rounds.

Speaking of the draft, does anybody know if you can get good depth in the draft by using your NCAA drafts or do you really only get the depth with EA's draft classes?

Last edited by ktipton87; 10-14-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Hey guys, I totally agree. I got 5 years deep into my franchise with the Packers but between the Pack being a solid young team with a ton of 22-25 year olds with A and B potential as well as me not having the AI cranked up hard enough (after all it was my first chise on '10, I wanted to get a feel for it) it got to the point where I was crushing everybody. I turned Rodgers, Raji, Jarius Wynn, Jennings, Finley, as well as about 10 guys I drafted into absolute beasts.

So, I'm about to start a franchise with the 49ers after playing with the sliders for about a month I finally found a set that I really like. I'll post them below as well as post about my 49ers franchise as I go forward. If you guys want to follow it or enjoy the posts let me know!
Human/CPU

12 minute quarters with the runoff to 15 seconds.

Slow game play with a Min. Speed differential set at 20.

Fatigue at 50 and injuries at 65.

Offense:

QB Accuracy 37/55
Pass Block 49/40
WR Catch 45/50

Broken Tackles 52/54
Run Block 45/70
Fumbles 50/50

Defense:

Reaction Time 20/53
INTs 3/10
Pass Rush 45/55
------------
Reaction Time 20/53
Block Shedding 10/5
Tackling 48/50

Special Teams:

FG Power - 55
FG Accuracy - 55
Punt Power - 90
Punt Accuracy - 80
Kickoff Power - 45

Penalties:
Offside - 90
False Start - 90
Holding - 50
Facemask - 50
Defensive P.I. - 100
Offensive P.I - 100
KR/PR Interference - 100
Clipping - 50
Intentional Grounding - 100
Roughing Passer - 100
Roughing Kicker - 100
Old 11-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #29
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I got to year 5 in a Franchise. Decided to start a new one. Not thinking, I hit L3 to save. EA decided it would be best to save new franchises over old ones that you completely exited out of.

Goodbye Texans team that I had up to 89 ovr with Flash Gordon.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ouch gotta hate that ae ollie.. Thats happened to me a couple times.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I got to year 5 in a Franchise. Decided to start a new one. Not thinking, I hit L3 to save. EA decided it would be best to save new franchises over old ones that you completely exited out of.

Goodbye Texans team that I had up to 89 ovr with Flash Gordon.
Yup, same thing happened to me after playing through two seasons of my Panthers franchise... just before I was about to play in my first SB....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Just completed my 5th year with the Bengals in my franchise, and called it a night at the start of the preseason.

This is the first year since Madden 08 for original XBOX that I just love my franchise.

Trading, drafting, cap hits, all that. I just love it. The main part I love is actually being able to hit on some mid-late round picks. I had a safety that I drafted in the 7th round come in as an 81.

And to those who say it's not realistic, Chris Horton anyone?

All in all, this is the best Madden out in recent memory.
"5 Years in my Franchise...Feels like last-gen". Exactly how or why is that a good thing ? This is the fifth version of Madden ; next-gen consoles have been on the market for four years now and the "franchise feeling like last gen" is a positive thing ? Shouldn't you hope for your franchise to feel like...wait for it... like current gen ?

Last edited by Dmacho; 11-04-2009 at 12:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »