Home

Power Move Vs Finesse Move

This is a discussion on Power Move Vs Finesse Move within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Power Move Vs Finesse Move

Firstly is one better than the other for a DE?

Secondly is there different controls for each other than the right stick?

Does anyone else control the Defensive Linemen? If so any hints?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Power Move Vs Finesse Move

power moves are used by pushing up or down on the right stick. its as if you are just bowling over a measly O-lineman. these are best used by most DT's but there are some DE's that have decent power moves as well...

finesse moves are used by swimming or spinning, hitting left or right with the right stick. most DE's are better in finesse than power cause they are usually fast and need to hit those outside swim moves to get around right and left tackles for the sack or tackle for a loss.

as far as other controls...i don't believe there is anything else besides the right stick moves and the jump to swat the ball with y/triangle
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It depends on the player you are controling.If the player has better finesse moves use that or then use power moves.

I am pretty effective of the edge with Dumervil from the broncos and i use finesse moves usually while running to the outside of the tackle.Although he does have a 97 finesse rating.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Has anyone seen or preformed a power move with a DT. Cause I haven't. Whenever I try a power move my DT is planted face first into the turf.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by datruth
Has anyone seen or preformed a power move with a DT. Cause I haven't. Whenever I try a power move my DT is planted face first into the turf.
I have, you need to initate contact first or at least get a few steps in towards the linemen, then you are likely to see it work...good centers/guards will stand up to it often though. I have absolutely destroyed some RBs/FBs/TEs with power moves though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Rookie

first as a disclaimer I don't personally play on the line, but I've noticed more coverage sacks with a series of power moves rather than finesse.

when you use the finesse and kind of slip by the tackle and have a free runner at the QB he will almost always throw it away (or throw a duck)... when you engage with an OT and use a couple of power moves to make your way to the QB and collapse the pocket I've seen more actual sacks.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
Rookie

I misspoke, I actually saw my LB complete what I think was a power move.

It was on the kick off, I ran down with Mays from the Eagles. Right before contact I tried to do a swim move but I must have pushed down the the right stick. Mays trucked a back up TE, (I don't remember who) knocked him down and I heard a loud sound as the TE fell flat on his back. It's almost like a truck move with a RB but when completed correctly and collision sound is made.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this the power move?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »