Home

Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Halftime adjustments

I think Madden in the future should have a halftime adjustment feature that allows you to look at your playbook during halftime on offense and defense and sub people in or out as needed. Or just have access to our playbook during halftime would be a step in the right direction. Does anyone feel the same way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Halftime adjustments

Not to sound like a jerk, but you can totally just call plays differently and sub as you wish after halftime or anytime for that matter.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

IDK if you have ever played College Hoops 2k8, but something like that halftime changes integrated into madden would be pretty cool. Just to be able to say to your players, hey, XXXXX is tearing us up, lets watch out for him in the second half. Or, XXXXX is running it up the middle all day, check for him before you cut to your coverage.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

My main point was to at least have access to our playbook during halftime.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Not to sound like a jerk, but you can totally just call plays differently and sub as you wish after halftime or anytime for that matter.
I think what he's talking about is getting a look at your playbook and kinda re-thinking and maybe scripting your plays differently at halftime, because the next time you get to look at your playbook the clock is running.

I don't know how others feel but I've been looking for this feature for years. I remember the Super Bowl against the Eagles Charlie Weiss took the extra long halftime to script the Patriots first series after halftime and worked over the tough Eagle defense right down the field for a touchdown to take the lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
IDK if you have ever played College Hoops 2k8, but something like that halftime changes integrated into madden would be pretty cool. Just to be able to say to your players, hey, XXXXX is tearing us up, lets watch out for him in the second half. Or, XXXXX is running it up the middle all day, check for him before you cut to your coverage.
This sounds really good, in fact when you look at Madden this year it's kinda perplexing at how much control you don't have. They took out run/pass commit for some reason, lead blocking, and they're kinda behind the curve with features like this and the gameplan on NCAA Football 2010 where you can tune you d-line to be more aggressive, tune your secondary to squeeze zones, etc. There's a layer of strategy that's missing.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This sounds really good, in fact when you look at Madden this year it's kinda perplexing at how much control you don't have. They took out run/pass commit for some reason, lead blocking, and they're kinda behind the curve with features like this and the gameplan on NCAA Football 2010 where you can tune you d-line to be more aggressive, tune your secondary to squeeze zones, etc. There's a layer of strategy that's missing.
I would rather not have commits or any kind of gameplanning in Madden. Those "strategies", and I use the word very loosely, wrecked NCAA 10 as they are over the top and make the game "arcade like".
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

I'm not talking about the commit that's in NCAA this year, I'm talking about the previous right stick run/commit that's been in Madden. I can't count the number or times I've seen a PA pass coming big as day and couldn't get my guys to stay back in coverage.

I've only played the demo of NCAA so I can't vouch for how the gameplan interface has wrecked the game but I think some way of adjusting your players is totally realistic because of how thin the defensive playbooks are. If I'm in a blowout in the fourth quarter I want to scheme my d-line to tee off and ignore the run, etc. Right now with the absence of tiered playcalling, there is no way to coach your players to do anything beyond what's called. The spotlight feature is not enough and and cpu consistently hikes the ball before you can defensive hot route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »