Home

Once you go AP the game is never the same

This is a discussion on Once you go AP the game is never the same within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Once you go AP the game is never the same

I'm a fan of AP but some of the things he does in Madden is just so stupid, the fact he can truck almost anything and can break out of 3-4 gang tackles annoys me. The same can be said about Michael Turner I have seen him toss aside DeMarcus Ware like he is a pillow
Old 10-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Never used the Vikings before so I took them into practice mode to see what running with Adrian Peterson is like. I've used Chris Johnson before and I thought he was dominant, but Peterson is unstoppable. Except that 69 carry rating he's almost perfect. Now every other running back I will use in this game will feel like they have something wrong with them.
Who do you play online? i have played AP all the time and played against i have shut him down. Also have lost games because Carry is actually important if you use the LB button properly. This man maybe the best in the game but its all about the way you play against him and if you having ease offline maybe you should boost your madden skill because all pro is pretty easy for running against the CPU.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc

I cant recall seeing any of those backs explosively knocking someone flat on their back like AP can but they are given a higher truck rating because of their size and ability to drag defenders and push the pile. AP gets it because he does lay people out often and with more force then most backs.
Comon man you never saw Jacobs run a guy over? Not lately but in years past dude would knock guys over like straight bums. And jackson is a straight rhino. And you didn't mention him but marion barber is a complete wrecking ball. AP does not knock guys straight on their back, at least not big players, this is ludicrous.

OK, so even I have to say when jacobs goes 100% throttle on a guy, he usually plows him and goes down forward. Okay give Peterson a 99 truck but the animation is the real problem. Having the guy flip a linebacker, recover in .1 second spin another guy, and "slap" a guy like Ray Lewis and high step all the way into the endzone is crazy.

Maybe they need to have a split truck rating. Small trucking aka madden now, and Big Boy trucking aka pushing a guy backwards and falling forward for a gain of yards not a branch into the AP flowchart:
handoff: highlight stick,

player in the way? yes: highlight stick, no: highlight stick

did you break it? yes: rinse repeat, no: do the same play over

4 players coming to tackle you? yes: spam highlight, no: highstep

did you break away? yes: you are a madden master, no: no keep looking, protak started and and yes there it is you broke out now highstep with a sense of accomplishment into the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Comon man you never saw Jacobs run a guy over? Not lately but in years past dude would knock guys over like straight bums. And jackson is a straight rhino. And you didn't mention him but marion barber is a complete wrecking ball. AP does not knock guys straight on their back, at least not big players, this is ludicrous.
Barber is underrated IMO but that is a different topic. Please also take note in the way I described AP's trucking style. I said "Explosively truck" meaning he lights up the other guy with a smash mouth hit with his speed and technique. Jacobs will lower his shoulder and use his pure momentum(speed + weight) to lay into someone. He then uses his mammoth legs to keep moving(so does Turner). They both get the job done effectively but AP does it with a hell of a lot more self made power in his hit. AP is more explosive truck in shorter ranges but Jacobs could very well drag someone in short ranges rather then completely lay them out. Do you see the difference between AP and JAckson, Jacobs, and Turner?(Jackson could be considered a bigger slower AP maybe but I havent seen much of him to give a good enough opinion)

The issue still goes back to the game not properly enlisting physics. The game is a rating animation based game. It has some rules of physics otherwise it completely ignores what happens IRL so it can make animations happen and the game flow.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Is this with default sliders?

I ask because I've never seen a guy truck like that either for me or the AI. Maybe it's because of the run sliders I use.

I've seen guys lean forward or "carry" the defender for a few yards instead of getting stood up and knocked back. But I've never seen a HB destroy a MLB while just taking the handoff, so I wonder if it sliders?

As far as the trucking rating - they need a "push the pile" rating or some other rating that allows for the ability to get yards while being tackled. Then they can drop trucking for guys like AP that can't lay out a DL or LB while still reflecting a back's ability to push the pile or not go down immediately after contact, but without breaking the tackle completely.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Is this with default sliders?

I ask because I've never seen a guy truck like that either for me or the AI. Maybe it's because of the run sliders I use.

I've seen guys lean forward or "carry" the defender for a few yards instead of getting stood up and knocked back. But I've never seen a HB destroy a MLB while just taking the handoff, so I wonder if it sliders?

As far as the trucking rating - they need a "push the pile" rating or some other rating that allows for the ability to get yards while being tackled. Then they can drop trucking for guys like AP that can't lay out a DL or LB while still reflecting a back's ability to push the pile or not go down immediately after contact, but without breaking the tackle completely.
You know what it is probably sliders because I don't mess with them since I can't online and I primarily play the A.I to tune up for playing online. But it is still stupid LOL.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Barber is underrated IMO but that is a different topic. Please also take note in the way I described AP's trucking style. I said "Explosively truck" meaning he lights up the other guy with a smash mouth hit with his speed and technique. Jacobs will lower his shoulder and use his pure momentum(speed + weight) to lay into someone. He then uses his mammoth legs to keep moving(so does Turner). They both get the job done effectively but AP does it with a hell of a lot more self made power in his hit. AP is more explosive truck in shorter ranges but Jacobs could very well drag someone in short ranges rather then completely lay them out. Do you see the difference between AP and JAckson, Jacobs, and Turner?(Jackson could be considered a bigger slower AP maybe but I havent seen much of him to give a good enough opinion)

The issue still goes back to the game not properly enlisting physics. The game is a rating animation based game. It has some rules of physics otherwise it completely ignores what happens IRL so it can make animations happen and the game flow.
Alright man you got it. AP is the most majestic power back in the game and rightfully so as he trucks everyone and everything in his path IRL. At least according to Madden 10 and it's system.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I wanna see him truck a 350 pound linemen like he does in the gaime!
Shaun Rogers would eat him alive.... Literally.

(There was a good reason AP ran to the outside every time in week 1)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »