Home

Once you go AP the game is never the same

This is a discussion on Once you go AP the game is never the same within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #41
SKI-U-MAH

thumstyx's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Once you go AP the game is never the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Thats nice. It just puzzles me that they gave one man 99 or so ratings in every stat except one. So 215 pound AP can truck, juke, spin, stiff,... and TRUCK all while out running Usain Bolt??? Comon Man give the guy some weakness (carrying means nothing).
Listen Bub - You need to check your facts before you put it out there. Have you ever watched Adrian Peterson Play the Game?

He can do it all and thusly deserves the ratings. He will run you over if you are in his way. He will toss you aside with one arm. He is big - his s fast - he is elusive - and he runs angry.

When it comes to the ratings that AD has. you say:

"Comon Man give the guy some weakness"

Why? If he is in his prime and dominant? just because you think it should be that way?

Sorry man - had to call you out.

Kudos to EA for giving AD the props and the ratings he deserves.

And yes... my opinion is biased as a Vikings fan but i am still making a valid point here.

Skol' Vikings

Hate on Haters - The best back in the league is a Minnesota Viking -

Last edited by thumstyx; 10-14-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumstyx
Listen Bub - You need to check your facts before you put it out there. Have you ever watched Adrian Peterson Play the Game?

He can do it all and thusly deserves the ratings. He will run you over if you are in his way. He will toss you aside with one arm. He is big - his s fast - he is elusive - and he runs angry.

When it comes to the ratings that AD has. you say:

"Comon Man give the guy some weakness"

Why? If he is in his prime and dominant? just because you think it should be that way?

Sorry man - had to call you out.

Kudos to EA for giving AD the props and the ratings he deserves.

And yes... my opinion is biased as a Vikings fan but i am still making a valid point here.

Skol' Vikings

Hate on Haters - The best back in the league is a Minnesota Viking -
This coming from an unbiased source... Yeah AP is all galaxy for anyone around viking country.

Defend to the death I say to you sir!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 8

Here's the big thing...with the new ratings system, the top few backs in Madden with speed and power, are completely broken. If you set sliders to make Freakerson run like he actually does IRL- and note as he actually does, not in some fantasy world where he always gets 150+ yds- then the "normal" backs are completely screwed, and are nonesensical to run with.

Here's his game stats for weeks 1-5 this year.

25/180-15/92-19/85-22/55-15/69

Take away that massive week one, and he's hardly ripping the league up. Week 4 he got stuffed completely, and that was on a lot of carries.

The message is. he's not be any means at all unstoppable. Often he's pretty average.

But not in Madden, where's he's superman.

It's just wrong.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #44
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Thats nice. It just puzzles me that they gave one man 99 or so ratings in every stat except one. So 215 pound AP can truck, juke, spin, stiff,... and TRUCK all while out running Usain Bolt??? Comon Man give the guy some weakness (carrying means nothing).

Aside from his fumble problems, the man is a beast and the best RB in the NFL. He has few flaws.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #45
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
No disrespect bro but I didnt see him run over a player not wearing #20-49 aka not a DB. He is elusive against big guys, I 100% agree with that. But he doesn't run any of them over and continues on his path like those players wear clothes from the Baby Gap or something. AP is not the type to truck an NFL linebacker so please don't pull up some oklahoma baylor game or oklahoma iowa state game.

The guy who with the engine talk, I 100% agree with what your saying. Bottom line we need weight and strength to matter (and height, just sayin)
You missed the entire point of the video. Plus there was some linebackers in there and a DE. The point was you asked why would AP even be considered one of the elite truckers in the game. That video gave you plenty of examples why he is elite in that aspect. Plus that was just his rookie season. Outside of Jacobs, Jackson, Turner, and Barber nobody else is even in his league. Those are the elite truckers in the game. You keep talking about LB's and DL's but how many times do you see those guys I mentioned with AP run over LB's and DL's?? The point is it doesn't happen alot. You will Peterson maybe do it less because he can simply just outrun them all with ease.

The problem you are having with AP having this rating is exactly what you said. It's the physics system. AP deserves every part of his rating. It's just that the system is not properly done in the game. He isn't the only guy in the game who can run over DL's. Hell I have ran thru Big Hamp with Chris Johnson before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
You missed the entire point of the video. Plus there was some linebackers in there and a DE. The point was you asked why would AP even be considered one of the elite truckers in the game. That video gave you plenty of examples why he is elite in that aspect. Plus that was just his rookie season. Outside of Jacobs, Jackson, Turner, and Barber nobody else is even in his league. Those are the elite truckers in the game. You keep talking about LB's and DL's but how many times do you see those guys I mentioned with AP run over LB's and DL's?? The point is it doesn't happen alot. You will Peterson maybe do it less because he can simply just outrun them all with ease.

The problem you are having with AP having this rating is exactly what you said. It's the physics system. AP deserves every part of his rating. It's just that the system is not properly done in the game. He isn't the only guy in the game who can run over DL's. Hell I have ran thru Big Hamp with Chris Johnson before.
OK so how can any rating be justified if the physics system is wrong? 99 trucking in relation to what? are real truck cuz thats what it seems like.

And I know ive argued against AP because of the thread topic, but your right, its not even a rating problem really. more or less any player, even a punter can trigger a fantasy trucking move on Ray Lewis if you press the right button at the right time, and this is the real flaw.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Here's his game stats for weeks 1-5 this year.

25/180-15/92-19/85-22/55-15/69

The message is. he's not be any means at all unstoppable. Often he's pretty average.

So far, he's got 4.9 yds per carry and without week one it's 4.3.

The thing is, though, he's always capable of breaking out and putting up a week 1 type performance. That's what really separates the good backs from the great backs, imo. Not many guys get 5 yds every single time they touch the ball, but they are capable of getting 3, 4, 3, 6, 20, 9, 25 type runs. The average and C+ guys don't get the 20's and 25's very often.

The performances that "skew" the stats are really what makes him be "AP".

I mean, I'd take 15 for 92 yds every week. Or 19 for 85 yds. 92 yds a week it 1472 yds. I don't think someone who's pretty average does that. Or puts up 1799 like last year. Or has a career average of 5.1 ypc.

He's not unstoppable in real life, but he's one mistake away from breaking it and putting up a week 1, or like Chris Johnson did vs the Texans.

The problem is in Madden, the break outs happen too much, but the fact these guys are capable of, and rated to, break out isn't the problem imo. It's the feast-or-famine nature of the running game in Madden. It's too much 50,0,0,40,70,30,0,50,30,0 type distribution instead of some 3-5 yds with some 10 yd runs, then a few 0s or losses, some more 8-15 yd runs, then maybe a break out or two if they break a tackle or catch the defense out of position.

And then problem DB mention kicks in when you adjust the sliders. Since the game is too feast-or-famine, when you diminish the feasts so you don't get 40-60 yds but maybe 10-12, the other guys who aren't capable of 40-60 do get screwed because their feasts go from 15 to 5 and end up with 2 yd per carry.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-15-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
And I know ive argued against AP because of the thread topic, but your right, its not even a rating problem really. more or less any player, even a punter can trigger a fantasy trucking move on Ray Lewis if you press the right button at the right time, and this is the real flaw.
Sounds like "rewarding the player" for the proper button press taking over ratings - always the battle ground of balance for a "played" sports game (as opposed to a pure sim one like OOTP)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »