Home

fair trade ?

This is a discussion on fair trade ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
fair trade ?

ok so me and some friends play an offline franchise and pass the file along over the internet when i got it back this week 1 of the guys made these trades he is Atlanta

1st,2nd,3rd round pick to Ind for LE R. Mathis
and also
TE T. Gonzalez 4th,5th round picks to S.F. for WR M. Crabtree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: fair trade ?

I'm going to say no because I like realism. This is not a trade the Falcons would make or the teams involved. I like to keep my trades real. Did you guys set up rules before you started or is it a free for all? If its a free for all then I would just go on but if rules are in place on trades then I would make sure they fall in line. If nothing was set up then you should trade away older players for younger better players like your friend did.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Rookie

i strive for realism as well and didnt think that anybody would do this so we didnt set up any rules. i would like to does anybody have any suggestions for trade rules
Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

As a colts fan I think I would take a 1, 2, and 3 for Mathis, I love the dude and he is a sack/strip machine but honestly that offer is too good to pass up. I do love what RM does on the field though.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Not fair for you man. Your top three picks for a DE? Unless its Mario williams its not a fair trade. And the Crabtree one is weak too. dont do it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
Rookie

i completly agree but he already made the deal
if anybody has some trade rules that i could implement they would be greatly apreciated
Old 10-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

i would strongly suggest setting up guidelines as far as number of trades/trading for draft picks if youre looking for realism. the free agent signing is pretty good this year. it is really a struggle if you are a mediocre team. you have to overpay a good head coach to get big name free agents if your team doesnt have many wins.

One trade i usually pull off is trading a 1st rounder for merriman after the first year of my franchise. the chargers do it nearly every time and I think it is pretty realistic.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

some trade rules that i have had in the past are 2 trades/calendar year and this might even be too many. maybe only one should be allowed.

another is that you are only allowed one trade involving first round draft picks. otherwise guys cheat the system and do 30 trades and eventually end up with 4 top 15 draft picks.

in prior maddens we had a rule where you could only sign one free agent above 90 overall each off season. the free agent market is a bit harder this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »