Home

The Run Game!!!

This is a discussion on The Run Game!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #41
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Run Game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
I have Darren Sproles in my franchise and he is unstoppable. I just racked up 200 yrds in a game and whenever I went to use PA it never worked. It really pissed me off. Because like CreatineKasey said, whenever I go to pass, my qb usually passes it right to a defender most of the time.
Sproles is a quick dude man!!!

post above may give you some good PA plays!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #42
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

I also have made more extensive tests of my own with out making videos. Go into practice and set block shedding to 0 and run plays and then crank it up to 100 and run your plays. The same for run blocking and pass blocking. This game has become unplayable for me... so I don't play it anymore. I'll wait until patch two, but lines on both sides of the ball don't mater when crap O-line can hold off elite D-line. Why get elite D-line players when the worst of he league can hold them off? Why get good O-line players when the worst in the league can hold off the elite defenders? When the trenches don't matter, the games doesn't matter.

Prove me wrong, i want you to. I want to play Madden and football but what I have experienced doesn't look or feel life it. Any one who knows my post history knows how much I wanted M10 to succeed. I'm no "*****." I just want a good football game and don't have one yet.
Well thanks for the vid's, I believe in what your saying, so the idea now is to find the perfect set of sliders that work that actually justify players ratings!!!

I'll keep playing the game as i dont nit pick as much as versus or the other guy, I don't see the point, yes the game should not be like this and yeah the game testers should be shot. I dont think the testers and designers thought that people would do this to the game and try things like this and I bet they never tried these sort of things. Madden needs a new engine purely football based and not just animation dictating, height and weight should be a huge factor in this game, thats prob the biggest qualm I have over this game!!!

I can understand you frustration.

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-15-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Run Game!!!\

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've seen the "videos" and I have heard certain people say this, but I have yet to experience it myself. Don't know if it's my slider or my settings or what but I have yet to see that happen.

I've seen it and it frustrates me to no end.

What I've seen more of, though, it the OL picking a LB and ignoring the DT right in their face.

Between this and the "OMG I break my block because you hit the sprint button!" just make me want to scream.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I've seen it and it frustrates me to no end.

What I've seen more of, though, it the OL picking a LB and ignoring the DT right in their face.

Between this and the "OMG I break my block because you hit the sprint button!" just make me want to scream.
So are you saying that those are things you say too? Or, you are tired of people saying them?
Because I was playing in a game the other day against the Rams in Year 2 and I had them beat then all of a sudden they go all robo on my a$$ which is fine, because I usually have them beat and expect this too happen.
Anyways, they take the lead and I barely have time to get down the field and score a TD to tie it up. I manage to score the TD but then it comes down to the extra point which I am thinking is a sure deal because I have never had one blocked. Well guess what happens?! The cpu LB struts right up the middle of my line and the blocker actually steps out of his way (and is not even blocking anyone else, he just decides to sit the play out or something) and the guy blocks it!! I was fuming!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 22

Good post OP... i agree, the running game is ACE in M10, i love it..as its fun and it feels like i EARNED my yards. I still feel they should let us use tapping of the button for speed burst and break tackles..that just feels so good like it was in 2k5 but regardless im enjoying M10's running game. THe passing game is good..but could be better but to be fair..its a definate improvment over last years dodgy M9.

I totally agree with your tips..i've basically been doing that since day1.

I will say this..M10 needs slider tweaking to get the game feeling and playing right but im not complaining..its such a huge improvement over last years M9 that im content with what i have here in M10 until next years game

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
I love the running game, I feel more accomplished when I've had a great game rushing. Now I'm not saying I'm the best, I've just been using the run game since 92 madden to the present day, so thats 17 years of playing madden and using the run!!
I may have some help full tips for people that may struggle with the run!!

Let's Begin.

A good running game can open up the pass, it can open the middle of the field and also lead to some big plays down field.
You have two types of runner's, fast and agile, or truckers.
Both can do a job for you if used the right way. If you have a combination of the 2 Rb's then your set for a good running game, Look at the Cowboys Rb's, very good set for the run. Also the Giants.
These 2 teams have good combo runner's.

Building my running game franchise.

I build a team around the rush so trade for some good run blockers and fast receivers. I dont really need a top QB, as long as he is accurate then I'm good.

Fast receivers to create more space as they speed down the field creating space for my runner, I'm not scared to get rid of a 90 overall for a 80+ overall with speed and A potential.
For example I'm the Bucc's, I would trade Antonio Bryant 86 overall with B potential and wanting 11mil a year with 86 Speed and 91 Acceleration, for Eddie Royal 80 overall with A potential and 630K a year, Speed 93, Acceleration 94.

My Game plan.

I'm not gonna go straight into the run, I'm gonna build up to it and try a few throw's down field, trying to get the corners and safety's to back off. I'll try a few runs inside bringing the LB's inside to create space outside.
It's all just a set up to make that big break.
I know so many people who get frustrated with the run and they give up all together and then start forcing the pass!!
You have to stick with it because the hole will eventually open and lead to that big run.

My tips.

1. Practice, Practice, Practice.
There is a mode for you to practice and learn how to use your blockers and skill moves. So use it!!!

2. Use your BLOCKER's, let them run ahead and stay behind them. So NO sprinting!!!

3. No turbo and No right stick.
You will be amazed at how you can dodge a defender by just going left and right on the left stick. You can also break tackles without using the truck stick.
You wont see me use turbo button until I've broken the hole or I've pitched the ball outside.

4. Keep with it, try a whole game just running, exploring and trying all different types of run plays.

5. Good Luck

I hope this help's and that you've enjoyed the read!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
So are you saying that those are things you say too? Or, you are tired of people saying them?
Oh I see it way too often. I imagine that's what the CPU is saying when it does it LOL.

Having to just about jog through the hole because if I hit it hard and at full speed - the LB (or DT) will somehow just get "let go" and make the tackle.

At least if I up run blocking, it makes real, actual lanes and I might actually can hit them hard instead of feeling like I have to tiptoe through like I'm a ninja and not a HB.

Quote:
Anyways, they take the lead and I barely have time to get down the field and score a TD to tie it up. I manage to score the TD but then it comes down to the extra point which I am thinking is a sure deal because I have never had one blocked. Well guess what happens?! The cpu LB struts right up the middle of my line and the blocker actually steps out of his way (and is not even blocking anyone else, he just decides to sit the play out or something) and the guy blocks it!! I was fuming!
Wow.

Sometimes I see that "sitting out" you mention on pass blocking, but never on a PAT. That had to suck.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Oh I see it way too often. I imagine that's what the CPU is saying when it does it LOL.

Having to just about jog through the hole because if I hit it hard and at full speed - the LB (or DT) will somehow just get "let go" and make the tackle.

At least if I up run blocking, it makes real, actual lanes and I might actually can hit them hard instead of feeling like I have to tiptoe through like I'm a ninja and not a HB.
I need to go into practice mode or something and try to rush without using the turbo. Because I CANNOT lay off of it during the game, it's just such a big habit for me. But, I want to see if it will help me get through the line better.

Quote:
Wow.

Sometimes I see that "sitting out" you mention on pass blocking, but never on a PAT. That had to suck.
It did.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I need to go into practice mode or something and try to rush without using the turbo. Because I CANNOT lay off of it during the game, it's just such a big habit for me. But, I want to see if it will help me get through the line better.
It does help out - the AI must "speed up" the resolution of the animations when you hit sprint. You still get the "jump off block tackles" but they seem less frequent.

I'm like you, it just seems so good to hit a lane at full speed. Since my right index finger just feels funny not hitting a button, I hold R1 (protect ball) instead of R2 (sprint) now. I'll switch to sprint if I break or am running an outside play (still think it's required there unless you have AP, Chris Johnson, or another 95 SPD guy).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »