Home

I would like to start a Cowboys 'Chise...BUT..

This is a discussion on I would like to start a Cowboys 'Chise...BUT.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
I would like to start a Cowboys 'Chise...BUT..

I would like to start a Cowboys 'Chise...BUT..What should I do with ROMO ?!?! Should I stick with him or should I build my chise with a young QB ???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I would like to start a Cowboys 'Chise...BUT..

I started my Cowboys franchise a few days ago and my first priority was to get rid of Romo ASAP. I gave up Patrick Crayton, Bobby Carpenter, and a #3 for Vince Young and a Titans #2. The cpu would have done it for only Crayton and a #3 but I've always thought Carpenter was a Parcell's homer 1st rd. pick that was a waste (should have been picked in later rounds IMO), so I got rid of him. Crayton is horrible too, so I got rid of him as well.

For my gaming enjoyment alone, I've benched Romo, eating his contract for this year then trading his butt on draft day, cap hit and all. I have Young performing pretty well for me.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Banned

I see. Though I don't like Vince, maybe I should get Freeman of the Bucs ?? or wait until the draft and get a fresh and good QB ?? I also noticed that my OL are quite OLD...Maybe I should trade some and get some younger OL.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Even if romo was the last qb on earth i would not stick with romo....trade for cassel

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Although overhyped Romo is a good QB. The problem is the coaching staff. I'm talking real world here. I would start by bringing in fresh coaches. Moving Carpenter and Crayton would still be a good move. Both are overrated. I'd slightly edit Austin, he's a little better than his rating. I thought from the beginning that he should be starting over Crayton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Even if romo was the last qb on earth i would not stick with romo....trade for cassel

Me too dude. I don't why Romo is overrated, I personally think that the younger QB's now ( Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Stafford and Henne ) are a LOT better than Romo. If only we can get rid of Jerry Jones.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Although overhyped Romo is a good QB. The problem is the coaching staff.
Romo is a good QB?? Uhmmm...at times yes...BUT, most of the times, NO...He is very inconsistent. Specially when it comes to decision making. I don't doubt his arm strength 'coz I know he got that, but his ability to decipher the D and when to throw the ball is so disappointing. Couple it with their coaching staff. It's a mess. I read one article at NFL Network that says, " Who would trust a coach that looks like and acts like a TIRE seller? ".
Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Bench Romo and go w/ a rookie next season. OR trade him for a 2nd and 3rd pick in the upcoming draft.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »