Home

over the shoulder catches.

This is a discussion on over the shoulder catches. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
over the shoulder catches.

I really hope they fix the overdone OTS catch in the patch. They have my running back catching a screen pass over his shoulder and even wr on drag routes. Please Fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: over the shoulder catches.

I've read a lot of complaints about this, but I really haven't seen a whole lot of it
Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

yea my reciever would do it on a flag route which u wouldnt use it for and it causes lots of pics. When all he has to do is reach infront of his face and catch it
Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

this happens on every screen play
Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I've never seen it before on a screen. Mostly because I rifle it at the RB every time. Not how it's done in real life, not how it's supposed to be done in the game, but damned if it doesn't work every time.

I have noticed it on most of my Streak routes, which sucks because it allows the CB to catch up to him, and as i've noticed in this game any time there's a defender within 2 or 3 yards of a player the guy drops the pass.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

The OTS catch isnt as bad as some people make it out to be. I at least see it happen IRL in every game so I would expect to see it in the game. I will admit that it is off but it is not that bad.

I think the "trip up" animation that the defense does to stop a player who is going around the corner is horribly overdone(where the defense scoops the foot of the player to trip him up). I see it at least 5+ times a game in madden. This past Sunday I didnt see it happen once IRL.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
The OTS catch isnt as bad as some people make it out to be. I at least see it happen IRL in every game so I would expect to see it in the game. I will admit that it is off but it is not that bad.
Is the situations just as much as the frequency. It seems the game is lacking catch animations for this one to be used to frequency. It stunts the forward progress of your player and the animation is way to long to be effective in situations close to the goal / first down.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Is the situations just as much as the frequency. It seems the game is lacking catch animations for this one to be used to frequency. It stunts the forward progress of your player and the animation is way to long to be effective in situations close to the goal / first down.
I understand what you mean. There are some routes that I personally refuse to even try in the redzone because I know they simply dont work. The OTS may be the culprit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »