Home

Michael Crabtree

This is a discussion on Michael Crabtree within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Michael Crabtree

For some reason since the update came out adding Crabtree back on th 49ers because he signed , he doesnt play any games . Hes not listed on the depth chart and i would think EA made the AI smart to change the depth chart and put Crabtree at #1 but no they leave him out and he doesnt play a game all season . I simmed it ahead and nothing im in week 5 and its bothering me 'cuz i was a crabtree fan so now im about to trade Thomas Jones for Crabtree =D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Michael Crabtree

In the latest update, the guys at madden said that even though crabtree is in the game, they were not sure whether he would play on Sunday, thus leaving him out of the depth chart. You could update the depth chart yourself tho.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinidad09
In the latest update, the guys at madden said that even though crabtree is in the game, they were not sure whether he would play on Sunday, thus leaving him out of the depth chart. You could update the depth chart yourself tho.
My point is EA claiming theyve improved the CPU AI in franchise yet the CPU cant simply fix their depth charts .
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid-Steve-O
My point is EA claiming theyve improved the CPU AI in franchise yet the CPU cant simply fix their depth charts .
Crabtree isn't playing till after the 49'ers bye week.

It was done on purpose.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Crabtree isn't playing till after the 49'ers bye week.

It was done on purpose.
You're still missing the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

I actually like it like this... On the newest roster update they had Derek Anderson ahead of Brady Quinn, just like in real life Well I wanted Brady Quinn to start the season for the Browns even though Anderson has an overall advantage because I want the orginal opening season depth chart, just with the ratings changes.. If the computer just put the best ovr player starting you couldn't have who you want starting for the first year.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

I think everyone is missing the real point of the OP's post, which I believe was trying to express the fact that CPU Team Management needs some serious work. Despite being on the active rosters and depth charts, the CPU/AI refuses to recognize Crabtree and never raises him in the depth charts during the course of an entire season.

When I first got Madden, I edited Plaxico burress to be a 12 OVR WR (Giants fan here, this was his punishment and so no one would sign him), and relegated him to the cowboys. Well lo and behold, week 2 of the reg season rolls around and Plax was the #1 WR for the Cowboys. There is no reason the CPU can't look at a 12 ovr WR and say someone needs to start above this guy.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Yep seems the point of the post is if you have Crabtree in your franchise at some point the AI should add him to the depth chart, not leave him off the entire year.

So basically leaving him off is great for online play, but not so great for offline players. I have always updated the depth charts whenever I download EA's rosters during the season. That way all the injured players are playing whenyou select to play with the current injuries off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »