Home

Create a play petition

This is a discussion on Create a play petition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Create a play petition

I'd like to see a full create a play/playbook online app feature just like Teambuilder.

I'd like to see the ability to create full playbooks with no limitations that can be imported into both Madden and NCAA.

Also, the ability to just add plays to current playbooks along with a custom playbook feature.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This probably belongs in the wishlist forum.

That said, rather than a simple play creator, I'd much rather EA develop an online webapp (like Teambuilder) that allows one to create an entire playbook. This created playbook would have the same organizational capacity as the default Madden playbooks (i.e. formation groups, then various personnel sets and alignments in each formation; ex. Shotgun category, with Shotgun 4WR, 5WR, Dual HB Backfield, etc.). Formations should be adjustable (i.e. the player should be able to adjust formations at his discretion, both with personnel and with alignments).

Individual plays would be customized by assigning predetermined routes (using routes EA has in the game) and and depth factor to determine how long of a route it is (i.e. 5-yard out vs. 15-yard out, and so forth). There should be a flag on the quarterback to designate whether the play is a playaction play or not. The capacity for other complex actions (i.e. flea flickers, end-arounds, toss-passes, read option, read option pass, bootlegs, rolling the pocket, fake handoff then toss) should also be present.

Finally, there should be a flag in all modes that would allow for custom playbooks to be banned from online play. It should default to Off for Ranked Games.

Not sure how high this is on the EA totem pole of stuff to get into Madden, though; I'd gladly buy it as DLC if it wasn't included in the game outright if it was as full-featured as I describe above.

Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
NO this does not need to be ONLINE.I created a play a couple weeks ago that I had to delete.I could use that one play all game without changing plays and whoop the cpu bad.I threw like 6 or 700 yards and like 10 or more td's and this was on ALL PRO.And my QB was that Moore guy from Carolina!

This does NOT need to be in ONLINE.
just because the computer cant stop a play that deosn't mean people cant stop the play. the computer cant stop the wild cat, but people can stop online. every play can be stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheg4dabears
just because the computer cant stop a play that deosn't mean people cant stop the play. the computer cant stop the wild cat, but people can stop online. every play can be stop.

Nope.It couldn't be stopped.There are even websites with created plays that people couldn't stop back when it was in PS2.
Pretty sure people would figure out a play that can't be stopped.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheg4dabears
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Nope.It couldn't be stopped.There are even websites with created plays that people couldn't stop back when it was in PS2.
Pretty sure people would figure out a play that can't be stopped.

All play can be stop if EA programs the defense logic correctly...
Old 10-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
All play can be stop if EA programs the defense logic correctly...
post of the years. well said.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

There isn't a create-a-play option or mode on the PS3! At least not that I know of. If there really is then please tell me where I go to create a play!!!! I can't beleive I missed it because I've been wanting this on PS3 for the longest!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by colombian9kid
There isn't a create-a-play option or mode on the PS3! At least not that I know of. If there really is then please tell me where I go to create a play!!!! I can't beleive I missed it because I've been wanting this on PS3 for the longest!

You have to have a psp to create a play and then upload them to the ps3.. Not sure how good the play editor is..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »