Home

Create a play petition

This is a discussion on Create a play petition within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Create a play petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacory12
I would only support this if you were only able to use these offline and not online.
What's wrong with having them online ? If you don't let users change the location of players, or change the blitz angles but just the stance and the assignments, I don't see that many chances for exploits.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
This probably belongs in the wishlist forum.

That said, rather than a simple play creator, I'd much rather EA develop an online webapp (like Teambuilder) that allows one to create an entire playbook. This created playbook would have the same organizational capacity as the default Madden playbooks (i.e. formation groups, then various personnel sets and alignments in each formation; ex. Shotgun category, with Shotgun 4WR, 5WR, Dual HB Backfield, etc.). Formations should be adjustable (i.e. the player should be able to adjust formations at his discretion, both with personnel and with alignments).

Individual plays would be customized by assigning predetermined routes (using routes EA has in the game) and and depth factor to determine how long of a route it is (i.e. 5-yard out vs. 15-yard out, and so forth). There should be a flag on the quarterback to designate whether the play is a playaction play or not. The capacity for other complex actions (i.e. flea flickers, end-arounds, toss-passes, read option, read option pass, bootlegs, rolling the pocket, fake handoff then toss) should also be present.

Finally, there should be a flag in all modes that would allow for custom playbooks to be banned from online play. It should default to Off for Ranked Games.

Not sure how high this is on the EA totem pole of stuff to get into Madden, though; I'd gladly buy it as DLC if it wasn't included in the game outright if it was as full-featured as I describe above.

Thoughts?
That will lead to exploits online ; IMO, it's best not to allow the user to change a players location in the formation or the blitz angle on defense.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
This probably belongs in the wishlist forum.

That said, rather than a simple play creator, I'd much rather EA develop an online webapp (like Teambuilder) that allows one to create an entire playbook. This created playbook would have the same organizational capacity as the default Madden playbooks (i.e. formation groups, then various personnel sets and alignments in each formation; ex. Shotgun category, with Shotgun 4WR, 5WR, Dual HB Backfield, etc.). Formations should be adjustable (i.e. the player should be able to adjust formations at his discretion, both with personnel and with alignments).

Individual plays would be customized by assigning predetermined routes (using routes EA has in the game) and and depth factor to determine how long of a route it is (i.e. 5-yard out vs. 15-yard out, and so forth). There should be a flag on the quarterback to designate whether the play is a playaction play or not. The capacity for other complex actions (i.e. flea flickers, end-arounds, toss-passes, read option, read option pass, bootlegs, rolling the pocket, fake handoff then toss) should also be present.

Finally, there should be a flag in all modes that would allow for custom playbooks to be banned from online play. It should default to Off for Ranked Games.

Not sure how high this is on the EA totem pole of stuff to get into Madden, though; I'd gladly buy it as DLC if it wasn't included in the game outright if it was as full-featured as I describe above.

Thoughts?
If this forum had rep, I'd give you some for this post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Exploits are present in the games as it is. There is a money play in the game that I can score with at about a 70% success rate. So for ranked games you have no custom playbooks, but you allow them for hardcore ranked games, and you make it a toggle switch in online and offline franchise mode. Just cuz some of the community is "scared" doesn't mean they should not include this!!!
At the very least, I should be able to take plays from other playbooks and replace the crap ones in the playbook I like. I personally hate using any shotgun fromation. I do it rarely, actually busted a long TD on a draw play yesterday, but I like spread out 3, 4 and empty sets in singleback, but I also like 3 WR sets in weak, strong, and I-form. So I am stuck with the CIN playbook, which has too many wasted plays (from my viewpoint) in the shotgun formations.

Put my name down as a huge heck yes!!!

Like I said though you should be able both online and off to decide not to use them, lock them out so to speak, but it should be an option.
maybe a coach could grace next year's cover and the focus could be tweaking the cpu playcall, trade, and FA and depth chart logic!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »