Home

Which is a better game, Madden or NCAA?

This is a discussion on Which is a better game, Madden or NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Which is a better game, Madden or NCAA?

Both are mediocre IMO...neither one comes remoltely close to satisying me..and both are often downright ridiculous.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 28

Let me say that no game is perfect. People's expectations are sometimes ridiculously high.

With that in mind, I have enjoyed both games. Madden 10 has taken huge steps over previous versions in both gameplay and visuals.

NCAA 10 plays similar to NCAA 09 (not a bad thing) with much improved graphics.

If you like the college game with all bowls and teams, NCAA 10 is the way to go...

If you like the pro game, Madden 10 is your choice.

I am not one to nit-pick over stupid details and I take the games for what they are -- games. Many of people's frustrations are a point of opinion. There are things people hate that ruin the experience for them. For me, I have had zero of those issues...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #35
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Madden.

IMO, NCAA is too fast now that I've seen how much better the game plays at a slower speed. Speed sliders needed.

Plus, they didn't add all the extra things that Madden did this year. (Refs, chain gangs, fumble piles, injury drama, halftime show, etc.)

Hopefully next year. Still like NCAA though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 22

Gameplay wise Madden is far and away better than NCAA imo. There are to many game killers that happen in NCAA, lame duck passes from a QB while being hit being one, they happen way to much.

I prefer NCAA football irl, but Madden is the game to go with.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #37
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Overall I like Madden better by far. NCAA does have some good spots. I love dynasty/online dynasty with my friends. Maybe it is just me but the CPU AI seems very very solid after the last patch. I used to take a 1 start and dominate not if I face a better team on paper I struggle and usually get beat (maybe be a product of me playing Madden so much more this year). The speed of NCAA is kinda crazy but it adds to the challenge. I kinda like the idea of gameplanning but hope they clean it up next year. The main one I like is the ability to control the depths of zones. NCAA lacks presentation big time. I think both games have a role this year. I am very think next year will be very good for both games.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »