Home

What aspect do you think should make a Football challenging?

This is a discussion on What aspect do you think should make a Football challenging? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What aspect do you think should make a Football challenging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
Weaker teams should be beaten easily, good teams should be challenging and tough to beat and elite teams should be unbeatable and you will need to strategize and have a game plan to beat them.
Not sure I agree with this as written, but if you added an "on average" caveat, I'd probably be on board. Yes, on average a 93 rated team should beat a 62; however, it shouldn't be impossible, and the better team shouldn't always cream the weaker team. Any given Sunday.

I mean, who expected the Broncos to be undefeated? The Bengals to be 4-1? That's part of the beauty of the NFL, and something that Madden needs to capture if it's going to be a great sim in my opinion.

In the real NFL, the really strong teams don't beat the weaker teams easily; it still requires a lot of hard work (unless your opponents have quit on their coach; see 2009 Cleveland Browns).
Old 10-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
In the real NFL, the really strong teams don't beat the weaker teams easily; it still requires a lot of hard work (unless your opponents have quit on their coach; see 2009 Cleveland Browns).
Your right and that is where if you do own a weaker team and put a great game plan together and call the right plays , you should have a good chance of winning the game.

No one in their right mind would have said that the Broncos at this time was going to be 5-0.
If anything they said 0-5.

What is going on in Denver is something special and fun to watch.

That trade helped out both teams for sure.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That would be a nice sight to see in the game. I agree totally. MLB the show does a great job in that dept
One other idea they could take from MLB is the 'guess pitch' feature but in Madden it would be a 'guess play' feature. Like before before the snap a set of plays (maybe 6) appear at the top of the screen and you guess which play the offensive player chose and if you guess right it results in either a sack or an interception or a failed play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkorean
Not sure I agree with this as written, but if you added an "on average" caveat, I'd probably be on board. Yes, on average a 93 rated team should beat a 62; however, it shouldn't be impossible, and the better team shouldn't always cream the weaker team. Any given Sunday.

I mean, who expected the Broncos to be undefeated? The Bengals to be 4-1? That's part of the beauty of the NFL, and something that Madden needs to capture if it's going to be a great sim in my opinion.

I'm sorry I worded it wrong, what I mean is elite teams should be really hard to beat and not just be rolled over, i.e I'm the Buccs and thrash the Pats 54-14, with these sliders... version 2 of these sliders, as you can see these sliders are above madden 15 http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html
now does that sound right to you, in my franchise my team is 80 OvR and the Pats are 90 OvR.

Weaker teams will pull off the occasional upset, thats is what sports about!!
But you dont beat a elite with just luck, you need team work a success full strategy/game plan!

By the way I'm not surprised about the Bengals, they have a very good up and coming D with a great D coach in Mike Zimmer, the only reason they we're so bad last year is because Carson Palmer was injured, they also have an Elite WR Chad Ochocinco and a good back up WR core, and probably the most under rated running back in the league in Cedric Benson!!

As for Denver, getting rid of Cutler was a blessing as he was killing that team, as good as he is, he was bored and really didnt give a crap about Denver.
Orton has matured as a player, and is a big difference for Denver, His O line is the best in the league right now, With Marshall and Royal he has 2 elite receivers right there and dont forget his TE veteran Graham!!
Look at there D, they have a good LB core and good coverage, Vet Champ Bailey one of the best CB's in the League, oh and FS Vet Brian Dawkins!!
One of my best friends supports the Bronco's so I know a lot about them!!

So sorry dude not surprise about them lol...you got any other teams for me!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #13
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
One other idea they could take from MLB is the 'guess pitch' feature but in Madden it would be a 'guess play' feature. Like before before the snap a set of plays (maybe 6) appear at the top of the screen and you guess which play the offensive player chose and if you guess right it results in either a sack or an interception or a failed play.
I like this idea, but i dont know how they would do it..

Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Play calling in specific situations, example

I was the broncos and it was 34-34 with about 15 seconds left, i was on my own 39.

Instead of playing a prevent defence, they call a blitz with 8 players blitzing.

I pass the ball underneath and break a tackle and run out at the 29, with 4 seconds left.Kick the FG and win a game that should have went to OT.

Why does the CPU blitz in that situation, do we see that each sunday??
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
I like this idea, but i dont know how they would do it..
They could do it like in Tecmo bowl where you "picked a play" from the ones on the screen.

Then if you guess right, your players would get AWR boosts, but if you didn't, they'd get penalties to AWR and PRC based on how far off you were (you guess run middle and it's run left - not too bad. You pick Cover 3 Dime Zone, they will have to rally the troops to contain it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by true blue7
Play calling in specific situations, example

I was the broncos and it was 34-34 with about 15 seconds left, i was on my own 39.

Instead of playing a prevent defence, they call a blitz with 8 players blitzing.

I pass the ball underneath and break a tackle and run out at the 29, with 4 seconds left.Kick the FG and win a game that should have went to OT.

Why does the CPU blitz in that situation, do we see that each sunday??

Well, the Ravens kinda did that this week. They blitzes and were generally overly aggressive (*sigh*) when they should have just kept everything in front of them and made sure tackles, especially once Cincy got into the Red Zone.

I mean, did you see where the DBs were when Palmer throw that TD pass? Why weren't they in the freaking endzone?

It happens sometimes. Maybe someone else gets freaked by the blitz and makes a bad throw. Sending 8 is a bit much (they need to drop that Engage 8 play anyway, put something more practical there) but blitzing isn't necessarily a bad call. After all you needed a lot of yards to get in FG range, and if they sit back in zone, maybe you find a post or corner for 35 yards and have the same net effect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »