Home

Possibly the most epic finish to a game of Madden ever?

This is a discussion on Possibly the most epic finish to a game of Madden ever? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Possibly the most epic finish to a game of Madden ever?

So I was down 21-14, I'm the Falcons and he's the Chargers I and got the ball back with 4 minutes or so to go. I drive down field convert 2 4th down conversions on the ground with Michael Turner and power it into the end zone with Turner with 24 seconds to go.

I decide to gamble and go for 2 and run power O which I'd racked up 200+ running yards with so far in the game. I barely get in by like an 1/8th of an inch....so close would have definitely had a booth review in real life. So now its 22-21

Anyway, I'm thrilled cause it had been a hard fought game. I decide to just boot it deep because I haven't had a kick returned against me since before the patch. Anyway this guy some how runs it back untouched and I just about smashed my controller. He goes for 2 to make it a 7 point lead but fails..which turned out to be huge.

Anyway on the ensuing kickoff I go into the sqibkick return formation and he kicks it deep but I was able to get to my 30 with 6 seconds left. So I decide to run an FL screen and I accidentally streaked Turner so he wasn't blocking. Anyway the clocks getting low so I have to snap and no time to audible back to the original play.

Well I have all day in the pocket and everyones in coverage except 2 guys and the guy is right up on Roddy White when he ran the screen. No one is open down field enough to have a shot at winning the game so I risk it and some how I get it to White, he breaks a tackle at the line, then another tackle 10 yards down field and splits 3 defenders converging on him at my opponents 35.
I saved the replay but it cut a bit out but it's still sick.

Final score 30-27

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11548417

Last edited by Rbk; 10-14-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Possibly the most epic finish to a game of Madden ever?

Nice
Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Damn that's epic.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Nice cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »