Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week

According to Ian, patch #2 details for Madden NFL 10 will be announced next week.

Quote:
"We are wrapping up the 2nd title update for Madden 10 - lots of good improvements, additions, fixes. Look for a list of stuff next week."

Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week

Nice!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
what is this all about?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

Exactly what is needed. You guys should throw out 3 patches if thats whats needed this year. Dont leave this game broken, and in return you will gain all of us as repeat customers next year!

Show us you mean buisiness on releasing a good game, and I'll continue to buy and support your products!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Good stuff. Is it safe to assume, I wonder, that means it will be submitted for approval by that time as well? I ask that because they normally seem to stay silent on details until they know the patch is submitted on their end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm really losing interest in the whole "patch" BS ...

What a horrible way to develop a product! I mean what will there be; five or six weeks of the NFL season completed by the time Madden 10 has officially fixed it's "known" problems? Problems that were mostly found by consumers, not their QA department? I'm sorry, that's just not right!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Additions? Gosh I hope they add a feature that lets us change teams mid-Franchise!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 30

This is good news. I've actually been 'stuck' on beating this one Madden Moment and haven't gotten back to my 2nd franchise, yet. I guess I'll wait til this patch comes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I'm really losing interest in the whole "patch" BS ...

What a horrible way to develop a product! I mean what will there be; five or six weeks of the NFL season completed by the time Madden 10 has officially fixed it's "known" problems? Problems that were mostly found by consumers, not their QA department? I'm sorry, that's just not right!
As for this comment, I feel u but you have to understand that there's more to devving games than just getting the end product and glitches happen ESPECIALLY in games that have a year or even less of actual dev time. They have shorter deadlines for different phases of the game and such and when it comes down to the problems, they try to work on the major ones that don't completely kill the gameplay because, again, they only have so much time to work on the game.

Look at the NBA2K series every year - Glitches and legacy issues that have NEVER been fixed. It's not just EA, dude.
Even some of the problems in Madden 10 that they said they fixed, were fixed, to a degree. Sometimes they don't appear and sometimes they do, like the eyes behind the head defenders who know JUST when to turn and bat down the ball. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I give them credit for trying but I think it's something inherent in the engines that would be too time consuming to fix as it would literally "break" the engine. They don't have time to do that and don't even think about EA taking year off with Madden. Madden is MONEY and stocks would be affected by that type of decision. There would be definite backlash as a company but, bottom line, understand that it's more than just YOU just playing the game. I give them credit for what they have tried and done.

Heck, I wonder how much dev time and/or devs this is taking away from the next Madden to keep trying to work on these patches. I'm pretty sure they have a small handful of guys working on the patch while the rest try to bang out ideas and such to get an alpha done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »