Home

Career Ending Injuries

This is a discussion on Career Ending Injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Career Ending Injuries

I'm playing a game with the Giants tonight, and WR Manningham gets injured. Usually they say someone's probable, or 1-3 weeks.

But this time it flashes on the screen that he has a spinal injury which is career ending. WTF???!!! I know sadly it happens sometimes but to have that come on the screen all of the sudden in a video game. Sorry but that's just plain wrong!

Actually the injury said "Broken Vertebrae - Career Ending", followed by Hammond casually saying, "So he's not coming back in the game."

This is just so uncool, EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Career Ending Injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
I'm playing a game with the Giants tonight, and WR Manningham gets injured. Usually they say someone's probable, or 1-3 weeks.

But this time it flashes on the screen that he has a spinal injury which is career ending. WTF???!!! I know sadly it happens sometimes but to have that come on the screen all of the sudden in a video game. Sorry but that's just plain wrong!

Actually the injury said "Broken Vertebrae - Career Ending", followed by Hammond casually saying, "So he's not coming back in the game."

This is just so uncool, EA!
Wow... The stars must have aligned... How in the hell do two people lose WRs to career enders and post threads about it within minutes of eachother...

LOL
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Career Ending Injuries

how is it uncool? Its only a message lol. Its not like their replaying how it fractured then seeing him in pain. Games have much worse and i'm yet to see a career ender yet but i've seen season enders and really long injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »