Home

Elusiveness Rating

This is a discussion on Elusiveness Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Elusiveness Rating

I been thinking, that the Elusiveness rating should be spread out among players. Players that have 99 like say for example: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, etc they should be spread out and put into the high 70s or even 80s... i think the Elusiveness rating in the 90s should be for Punt and Kick returners. why? it would determine who would be good for that role instead of someone putting someone with 99 speed as a kick returned. Steve Smith for example should have the 90+ elusiveness cause he actually returns kicks and punts on occassion.

if they trim down the Elusiveness this would prevent cheesing and people having to use the actual kick and punt returners. catch me? i doubt Larry would do good returning a kick or punt in real life so he should have like 87 elusiveness.

what do you guys think? Elusiveness determines if you're good for Kick and Punt returns cause you have to be Elusive in that kind of environment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Elusiveness Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I been thinking, that the Elusiveness rating should be spread out among players. Players that have 99 like say for example: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, etc they should be spread out and put into the high 70s or even 80s... i think the Elusiveness rating in the 90s should be for Punt and Kick returners. why? it would determine who would be good for that role instead of someone putting someone with 99 speed as a kick returned. Steve Smith for example should have the 90+ elusiveness cause he actually returns kicks and punts on occassion.

if they trim down the Elusiveness this would prevent cheesing and people having to use the actual kick and punt returners. catch me? i doubt Larry would do good returning a kick or punt in real life so he should have like 87 elusiveness.

what do you guys think? Elusiveness determines if you're good for Kick and Punt returns cause you have to be Elusive in that kind of environment.
spot on your right, then the elusive rating will mean something but what about running backs like Westbrook and Peterson and deangelo. there not kick returners but they have good elusiveness also kick returners should have more ball carier vision, then others.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Kick returners are separated partly by the KR rating (which all players have) and of course their physical ability. (Speed, agility, whatever). The KR rating is expressed through the blocking success of the return team (especially on kick offs) and then it's physical ability of the returner to help him take advantage of what he can get.

I'm not saying ELU shouldn't be one of those factors, and I'm all for it being spread out to help allow/show on the field differences in skills, but I don't think any ability at anything in this game should be reduced to one rating having most of the impact.

Basically it seems like you're using ELU for what the KR rating should be used for. If KR were a modifier to ability of the return man, then it would probably help, though 99 SPD SHOULD make you a threat on kick returns, it certainly would in real life if the guy got solid blocking and picked the right lane.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-15-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Elusiveness determines if you're good for Kick and Punt returns cause you have to be Elusive in that kind of environment.
I think this is where either you are confused, or you just lost me. Elusiveness (from what I've been able to gather) is how well a player can break a tackle using a spin/juke move after contact it made. There is a separate Kick Return rating that affects how well people can return kicks. I've noticed that players that return punts/kicks with a low Return rating are generally slower than normal, break fewer tackles, make slower cuts, and fumble more (even with decent Carrying ratings).

For Example, I've had one of two people returning kicks in my Franchises, Felix Jones (96 Speed, 96 Elusiveness, 90 Return) and Shagg Makino (95 Speed, 95 Elusiveness, 60 Return). When Felix is returning kicks, he's blazing fast, makes quick cuts, breaks out of tackles, and can occasionally take one back for a TD. When Shagg is returning kicks, he's very noticeably slower (feels like he's in the 85-90 Speed range, not 95), he makes slower cuts, he rarely breaks tackles, and he fumbles the ball 75% of the time if anyone hits him with significant force (78 Carrying to Jones' 70).

The only significant difference in ratings between Jones and Makino is that Jones has a much better Return rating, and he is a much better KR/PR as a result.

Anyway, back on subject, Elusiveness doesn't affect the ability to return kicks (that I've noticed), so I think that guys like Fitz and Moss that are able to make guys miss and break tackles after the catch deserve high Elusiveness ratings. One thing that I want the Madden team to take a look at is teams using offensive starters that don't return kicks as KR. I saw the Raiders using Nnamdi and McFadden as KR one Franchise.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

I dont really consider Joshua Cribbs an elusive runner he has great vision and explosivness but he pretty much runs through tackles and out runs people, I tend to think all of the attributes need to be more spread out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

You apparently misunderstand the point of elusiveness, therefore, this thread is a fail...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »