Home

DNA type of program in madden?

This is a discussion on DNA type of program in madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: DNA type of program in madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Im sorry to say this but to my knowledge NFL teams only play one game per week. This whole idea of DNA would fail and just cause more problems if implemented into next years game.

Im sorry if I may have shot down your dream but something like DNA belongs in NBA and MLB games, not NFL games.
As I mentioned above, the feature is really good for people who might want to play with multiple teams throughout the year and get sim stats as accurate as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
As I mentioned above, the feature is really good for people who might want to play with multiple teams throughout the year and get sim stats as accurate as possible.
So... let's see... if play as one team, you're stuck playing only one game per week and this fails.

If you're playing all the games, it also fails, as there's no sim stats involved.

So, this is good for people that play one or two games a week, bouncing around between teams who somehow still want "real" results despite the games they play obviously varying away from reality. What happens when you get to playoff time and you win a game that was lost in reality? Yeah, no more DNA.

What we need is AI smart enough to adjust strategy based on situational awareness and the teams & players involved, with the real life counterpart being a base to start from.

The NFL doesn't have enough games for this DNA thing to be worth using. By the time you get enough info to actually start accurately predicting how each team is going to play, the season is almost over. That's why every single sports game fails to accurately simulate it's current season. It's always based on the year before. Show me a single simulated Madden 10 season that has the Titans winless to this point. It's not going to happen.

The best you can possibly hope for would be a post-superbowl patch for the first season to use the real results and a final roster update to have all the player ratings as accurate as possible. And once again, it's only good for one season. As soon as you get to year 2, it's all fiction again.

Just play the freaking game. Yes, we all want realistic results. Realistic doesn't mean identical.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
So... let's see... if play as one team, you're stuck playing only one game per week and this fails.

If you're playing all the games, it also fails, as there's no sim stats involved.

So, this is good for people that play one or two games a week, bouncing around between teams who somehow still want "real" results despite the games they play obviously varying away from reality. What happens when you get to playoff time and you win a game that was lost in reality? Yeah, no more DNA.

What we need is AI smart enough to adjust strategy based on situational awareness and the teams & players involved, with the real life counterpart being a base to start from.

The NFL doesn't have enough games for this DNA thing to be worth using. By the time you get enough info to actually start accurately predicting how each team is going to play, the season is almost over. That's why every single sports game fails to accurately simulate it's current season. It's always based on the year before. Show me a single simulated Madden 10 season that has the Titans winless to this point. It's not going to happen.

The best you can possibly hope for would be a post-superbowl patch for the first season to use the real results and a final roster update to have all the player ratings as accurate as possible. And once again, it's only good for one season. As soon as you get to year 2, it's all fiction again.

Just play the freaking game. Yes, we all want realistic results. Realistic doesn't mean identical.
Exactly!!!! Case Closed
Old 10-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 36

You guys just don't get it. This isn't just for dynamic season but every game against the CPU.

For dynamic season you could play every game week 1 for every team. So I couldve played Titans Steelers then Bills Patriots. I don't care much for this idea but it would be cool for some.

What I want is when I play Tom Brady he passes to Welker and Moss almost the same amount as real life. That the Jets blitz just as much on 3rd and ten in real life. And that the Dolphins run the wildcat just as much as they do in real life. Much more realism.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Realistic results is partly realistic play calling. Using last year's tendencies would at least bring the game closer to realistic playcalling instead of the super-blitz-addicted playcalling the AI uses now on defense and the lack of running, for example, on offense.

Of course, we need and want adaptive AI, but what does the AI use before it adapts to what you're doing to it? What is its base gameplan going into the game?

Using last year's tendencies can be the base it starts with and then the adaptive AI kicks in during the game and season to adjust it based on personell and performance of its own team and others.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #30
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
You guys just don't get it. This isn't just for dynamic season but every game against the CPU.

For dynamic season you could play every game week 1 for every team. So I couldve played Titans Steelers then Bills Patriots. I don't care much for this idea but it would be cool for some.

What I want is when I play Tom Brady he passes to Welker and Moss almost the same amount as real life. That the Jets blitz just as much on 3rd and ten in real life. And that the Dolphins run the wildcat just as much as they do in real life. Much more realism.

...and like I said, by the time you get enough data for it to be accurate, the season is over.

You can't take one week and be able to tell what a team is going to do in any given situation. Strategy changes based on who your opponent is.

Adaptive AI based on each NFL Coach's philosophies is the best option. With your weekly update thing, if you watch the real games, you're going to know how a team is going to play. You shouldn't. That's why coaches spend so much time watching film. It's a constant battle to try to know what your opponent is going to do. The Dolphins wildcat is constantly evolving, because if you do the same thing over and over, the other teams can break it down and stop it.

We need a more advanced version of 2k5's VIP system for each coach. We don't need weekly updates and a stupid catchy marketing name.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think some people are missing the point of the whole dna system.
To me,it would be more about players doing what you see on Sunday. I want to see weak linemen get beat by stud defensive ends and great receivers dominate weak corners and safety's. I want teams to play defense the way they do in real life,I want to fear playing the eagles and jets,wondering were the next 4 man blitz is coming from, and I want to see the pats going shotgun every other play running wr screens and draws to k faulk. How bout jamarcus russel actually being a ****t bum going 6-25 . I know it is asking a lot but other games are adding individual and team play styles so it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility to be implemented in madden is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #32
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Even being able to integrate the roster updates into a current running franchise would be nice. I just tried to update my rosters in season, but I had to cut players instead of trading them. Couldn't make trades with every team until last week was over after having played a few, and once Week 6 was over, I couldn't trade.

So, instead of trading picks, I had to cut players. Not that big of a deal, but a Dynamic Season in Madden would be great.

It would be easier to do once a week than every day. The update day could be Tuesday or Wednesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »